Thursday, October 11, 2012

House Hunting

Since before we even found out we were moving we had decided that we wanted to buy a house. When we found out that we got Bliss we immediately started looking. We had a few requirements that we did not want to budge on: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage and a pretty awesome kitchen (since I spend the majority of my time in there). We decided instead of searching ourselves that we would go through USAA to assign us a realtor. So far she has been awesome, she created a private website for us with listings that meet our requirements and price range. 

There is one house that keeps sticking in my mind:

How gorgeous is this house!?!??!

It is everything we want! The best part is it's brand new. It has tile in the kitchen, entry way, dining rooms and bathrooms with carpet throughout the rest of the house which I love! I know it's early but this is the perfect example of the type of house we are looking for. We are planning a trip to El Paso in 2 weeks (since we only live 5 hours from there) to check out the area and really get a feel for everything. If we like what we see on the outside/neighborhood we will definitely be contacting our realtor to look at it. I am ready to be able to do what we want in a house without worrying if it's ok or not. 

Of course if all else fails we are not opposed to living on post again (if they would contact me back, ugh! I hate waiting on people). I am just keeping my fingers crossed that all of this works out.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!


* I also wanted to give a quick update on our sweet Emma. Since she has been on the antibiotics and anti-inflammatories she has been doing great. Kyle said she is back to her spunky self and the swelling has completely gone down. She is still scheduled for surgery on the 25th to remove the tooth and get a thorough dental cleaning. I can't wait to see her on the 19th when she and Kyle make the road trip to Vegas.


18 comments:

  1. That house is lovely! Good luck with your search. I can't wait to own a house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Good luck! Nothing like owning your own home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful house! Good luck with it. Very, very jealous!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful house! I didn't even know USAA had realtors but that could be helpful down the road. I can't wait until we are able to have a house where we can paint or do whatever we want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house is gorgeous!! I dream of a garage and a huge kitchen...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! House hunting was my favorite part about moving here:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'm so happy that we bought our current house! It was exactly what WE wanted and don't have to worry about asking for permission or anything. Is the house pictured above within BAH??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the house! We have good friends who just moved from Bliss to a post in VA. They bought while at Bliss and I know they shopped around for awhile before settling on a house. If you would like her contact info, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is soooo exciting!! I can't wait until we can own a house some day! I hope you find the perfect one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that house! I really hope you find your dream home there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That house is gorgeous! Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you and GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you get everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to hear she is doing better. The house is gorgeous! Good luck! I hope it all works out. We can't wait to buy a house. It will probably be duty station after next but I'm already dreaming about having a space of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That house looks really great to live in. I hope that you will get your dream home and that everything will work out.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a pretty house! Your post causes me to miss my house in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That house is so cute, good luck with everything! So glad to hear that Emma is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful home. I hope you find one that you love. And then I hope you hang as many things as you want to on the walls. hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting! That is a beautiful home. I hope everything works out. I am also glad to hear your dog is healing. Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)