Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Countdown begins...3 months to go!

On Monday, Kyle sent me a text to tell me that he had been given his report date. Looks like we have to be in El Paso by January 18th!! To most people this seems like a while but to us it feels like next week. Once he gets his orders which *fingers crossed* should be very soon so we can start scheduling the movers. It is looking like we will be moving over the holidays for sure. 

We are taking a trip to El Paso next weekend to get a feel for the area and hopefully meet with our realtor to look at some homes. Ideally, we would like to have an offer submitted on a house before Kyle graduates the MICCC. That way the transition will be relatively smooth for us. Thankfully we don't have a cross-country move ahead of us, it's a short 5 hour journey to our new home.

Once we get settled in El Paso there are so many things that are going to be happening. I know one for sure is that I will be taking over the company FRG once Kyle takes command. I know this will be a challenge but I have learned from so many great women the major do's and don't's of this position. I am beyond excited for this adventure.

I have also decided that it times for me to go back to school for something that I am 100% passionate about. Well, I have finally decided that it's time for me to enter Culinary School!!! From an early age my Mom instilled the love of food in me, the love of cooking and baking. I have known for a long time that it's what I want to do. I was just too scared to do it. I have already been looking at schools in El Paso, just have to make my choice! While I am going to school, I want to find a part time job, something to keep my brain going and keep me focused. Needless to say I will be a very busy lady.

Do you think I'm crazy for attempting to do all of this?!

I am beyond excited for this new adventure and I think this quote sums up how I feel:


I hope you all have a great Wednesday!



16 comments:

  1. Not crazy... passionate! And it will all pay off in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great you are going back to school! I can't wait to be in one place for a few years so I can go to school again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're doing all this. I'm the happiest when I'm busy and doing things I love.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're going to have a great time!! I'm pretty sure that El Paso is where my brother is stationed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Culinary school?! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post completely excited me!! So many great things coming up!
    I love the idea of going ahead of time. That's what we did when we came here, because it was a 7 hour drive and we didn't have kids at the time. I'm a little worried that we won't be able to do it for the CCC but since it's only 6 months, I guess I can handle where ever we end up.
    Being an FRG leader is great! I've hated it lately because of the deployment craziness, but normally it's a lot of fun to help people and make differences in some lives. Plus, I love that many people have realized that not all FRGs are the same and hopefully they'll give their future FRGs a chance.
    I can't wait to hear about culinary school! I've thought about it myself.. Even if it doesn't lead to a career, at least I'll be able to cook at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many exciting changes happening for you! I hope the big transitions go smoothly for your family as you head into a new chapter of your lives :)
    --Erinn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for going back to school! It is a lot of work but you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so excited for you! We really are so much alike! If you need help with culinary school let me know! It's amazing!! And congrats on FRG! We keep getting moved around so much I can't ever kind a place! I've been in 3 FRG's in a year an a half! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god you go GIRL!!!! Culinary school?? That is so awesome. Aww, sending happy thoughts your way with all these exciting news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WooHoo!! So many changes and they are ALL positive! Go get 'em girl.
    You rock culinary school :)

    Don't forget to share some recipes!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an exciting time in your life!!! Culinary school is an awesome idea! And OMG that quote is perfect. I absolutely agree with it and love it!

    Happy Wednesday!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you! Can't wait to read all about your new adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's definitely a lot of work, but you'll be great. I have found that it's amazing what you can accomplish when you believe in something or are passionate about it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)