Monday, October 29, 2012

Busy Busy Day

I am finally able to sit down after a busy busy day! I have been baking for the majority of the day, I am sending lots of goodies to Kyle's class for Halloween. This is what I made:

Snicker doodles
Starry Eyed Cookies
Chocolate Cherry Mice
Sugar Cookies


They all got wrapped up these awesome Halloween bags.



I wanted to give a recap of our weekend. We got up bright and early on Saturday morning to head to El Paso. It was an easy 4 hour drive and got so excited when we finally got there. We immediately met with our realtor and found our dream home.

Once we were finished we headed to the hotel on Fort Bliss where we were staying. It was nice to relax for a bit before heading off to an amazing mexican restaurant for dinner (we couldn't pass it up lol) and then we proceeded to walk around Freedom Crossing on post if you have never heard of it click this link:


This place is AMAZING!!! We have never seen anything like it, especially not on post. 

We got up Sunday and decided to drive around post so Kyle could find out where he will be working. Once we found it we figured out that we will only be about 15 minutes from his work (score!!). Before we headed home we stopped at the El Paso outlets and did some shopping (thank you Old Navy for the military discount).

It was a great weekend and a very successful trip.

It is time for me to go take a hot bath, my back is killing me after all that baking.

Have a great night!

9 comments:

  1. Those goodies look so yummy! Love the Halloween bags! Glad you had a great trip and got a great house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we travel, we also hit up every Mexican restaurant we can find. Oh outlets. I miss thee.
    I got the giftcard and nail polish today! Thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, can I be in Kyle's class too? :) And I agree, Freedom Crossing is awesome! They keep opening up new stores and restaurants too, so it's going to only keep getting more awesome. (although I think Smash Burger will always be our favorite food place there) And did you buy on the east side or the northeast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I'm so glad you found your perfect house! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those goodies look great and I'm super excited that you found your dream house! That is so exciting AND it's only a 15 minute drive...doesn't get better.

    We thought Freedom Crossing was pretty cool too but we didn't get a chance to check out the outlets while we visited...have to add that to the must do list for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am making those frosting sugar cookies tonight!! your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT Sugar Cookies!!! Mail delivery??
    Haha!

    Thank you again for the Beautiful Blogger Award ~ i gave you a shoutout on Facebook on Twitter.
    My post is on Thursday so please come back and see who I nominated too :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking to the other replies and my own envy of Kyle's class,I believe you have found a profitable endeavor. When you have finally opened Jen's Treats, please send me an order form!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookies and a discount! My kind of day. Actually my kind of year! So excited for your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)