Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!!

I can't believe that it is already October!! I have been in vegas for 1 week now and have 20 days to go. A few days ago my sister and I were talking about going to a haunted house before I leave, Vegas always has some of the best. Well, a few days ago something opened here that we knew immediately we had to go to. If anyone is familiar with the movies "Hostel" or "Cabin Fever" then you know the works of Eli Roth (also starred in "Inglorious Basterds").  He has recently opened this:




According to the website, it is a live terror experience that combines both new technology and old fashion scares, you can stay in the place for up to 6 hours. It has different rooms you can go into, along with a lounge, bar and other cool stuff. Plus, you can get married here!! I have heard that it gives off a hotel vibe. The cool thing about it is that it's not just open around Halloween, it is open all year long (how cool is that?!). I think we are going this Saturday to check it out. 


I will spend that afternoon here with my niece, Kylie:



Disney's Phineas and Ferb Live! She is so excited and I think it will be a blast to spend some good quality time together.


On another note, this week is the week that we find out where we are going. Poor me and Kyle are on pins and needles waiting. I know he chomping at the bit because he is in AZ by himself but thankfully he has the miccc and his master's classes to keep him occupied.

I hope you all are having a great day!!

*Oh by the way if any of you are NHRA Drag Racing fans let me know my sister and brother-in-law are selling on Ebay his crew shirts that he wore during his 9 years working for Kalitta Motorsports. We have sold a few already and have lots more. They are awesome to have since you can't buy them anywhere else. 

12 comments:

  1. Good Lord, SIX HOURS!? I wonder how many people are going to end up having heart attacks...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot do haunted houses they seriously scare the bejesus out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't do haunted houses. Nope, just can't do them! It shouldn't surprise you that I can't do scary movies either...

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would die. Just die. I absolutely cannot do haunted houses, scary movies, ghost story shows...any of it! Scare the bejeevies out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would be so jealous of ya'll going to Phineas and Ferb!!

    And no haunted houses for me, I am a 'fraidy cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stand to be scared, but with bar and lounge areas, it doesn't sound too bad.
    I'm so anxious to find out where you guys end up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE those types of movies. Like I watched the Saw movies as soon as they came out. But now, after having a kid, it's like I can't watch stuff like that. But have fun if you go to that place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun (Goretorium)! Right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...brave girl! when we lived in Philly they did Terror Behind the Walls at the Eastern State Penitentiary (where Al Capone was held)...
    Unfortunately we never got to go but I wanted to so bad.
    Have a great time...with your neice too.

    And..we are all on pins and needles to to see where you end up! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! You are one brave lady! I can't watch anything remotely scary and i don't even think I would go into that place if you paid me a million bucks!

    We are also in the same boat waiting to hear where we go next. Should be within the next week! AHHHH!!! Can't wait!

    Arizona is actually one of the places we picked as a preference for a duty station. How do you like it? do you live on base or off?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldnt make it 30 seconds in that Haunted House. (But I look forward to hearing about your experience!)

    Goood luck with the assignment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate scary movies, but I LOVE haunted houses! I'm hoping that I can go to one this year!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)