Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Snapshots

 This weekend was a pretty good one, despite some sadness yesterday it was good!

You know a weekend is going to start out good when Office Space is on. :) After I finally pulled myself out of bed I headed off to a Change of Command at Kyle's work. Soon I will be attending Kyle's and it makes me sad. Well, it's more of a casing ceremony since there will be no incoming commander.


As with any weekend these days it involved school, not a horrible way to spend a Saturday morning. Got a few assignments done ahead of their due date so that makes me happy. We finally finished celebrating Kyle's birthday by having an early dinner at a local place called "The Hoppy Monk", they have over 200 types of beer and Kyle was a happy guy.


Sunday was more of a relaxed day. We dropped Emma off at the groomers because every pup deserves a spa day. :) She clearly was not amused by the bandana. While she was getting pampered we did some shopping and had lunch at Jason's Deli.


I even accompanied Kyle on his ruck march. He is doing awesome with his Ranger school training and actually said that since I walk so fast it helped him. Looks like I'm stuck going on ruck marches with him every evening lol.


I hope you all had a great weekend!

21 comments:

  1. When he leaves command, he also leaves the Blackberry behind! That will be a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's great that YOU walk fast. :) I'm always lagging behind and hubby has to stop and wait, ahhaha

    Glad you had a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY MOLY... how much weight is in that backpack?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you had a bit of a rough day on Sunday. Mother's day can be SO HARD! You're an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a pretty good weekend, capped off with a nice relaxing walk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs!
    Gotta love Office Space! It totally makes me not miss working. My boss was just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to run with faster runners because it "pulls" me :-) Glad you had sort of a relaxing weekend. I always loved getting school work done in advance as well, made me feel more at ease. I have to admit, I've never watched office space, but my office is pretty fun as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE office space! "where's my stapler?!" and how funny that you have ALL of the shirts that I posted about! Old Navy has such excellent deals!!! It sounds like you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you and Kyle had a good time on your walk/ruck march!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A couple that trains together, stays together...lol. go you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is Kyle disappointed that his unit won't be around any more?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Emma is so sweet! Rocky hates those bandana's too. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were putting our living room back together on Sat. Still not all back together yet. Then we were gone most of the day Sunday. Glad to hear you are going along with Kyle. Hope he does well and makes it through Ranger school. We know someone there now and Daniel made it through the first round. His wife and little son went to see him before Jennie and little guy head to OR for some time with family. Keep up the spirits and go for those good grades. I did find keep calm and graduate stuff I wanted for my daughter.Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a good weekend! The ruck pic made me laugh!! Haha! Good job fast walker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emma's bandanna is comically large! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a good wife you are. I'm a very slow walker so I would probably make it worse for your husband. HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that ruck march looks intense! Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would do a ruck march, but only if I could wear tennis shoes and not boots!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)