Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Me Time

Do you ever feel like there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done and still take care of yourself? 

I have felt like this lately. Between school, FRG, keeping up with housework and other volunteer commitments I realized that I have not taken care of myself. I promised myself a few months ago that I would try to take one day a week for me, yeah that hasn't happened. 

It doesn't need to be anything extravagant, even 10 minutes sitting outside with some tea would be good enough for me, heck a run has been hard to come by these last few weeks. Even when I was on vacation, I was still doing school work and taking care of things from a distance. However, an awesome friend of mine convinced me to have a spa/lunch day next week and I can't wait. It will be nice to just relax and not think about anything else.

Bath and Body Works had a great sale yesterday so I stocked up on Aromatherapy bath products so maybe this will help my relaxation as well.

It is so important to take care of yourself and recharge when necessary.


I thought this was fitting lol.

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

20 comments:

  1. all the time, lady! hope you get some "you" time in more regularly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some me time last night and got a massage. It was the most perfect hour. LOL... then I got home and reality hit me with all the errands I have to do. LOL

    Enjoy the spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol at the saying! I hope you get some R&R soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little funny was classic!!! haha. and yes, even sitting on my balcony with a cup of tea for a few minutes is nice. Now that I am living alone temporarily for the summer it makes it a little easier for me time but I know it won't last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH- I hear you! Between work and Taylor and Alex, I find myself looking out for myself...like never.

    But I know it's important to give yourself time. I really should try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im pretty sure everyday I tell Erik that there isn't enough time in the day. Im still working on eating every meal and thats tough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I get it! Please try to find a little time for you.
    Imagine me sitting with you on the porch having tea. ;)
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are able to get some Me time. I used to run around and do stuff during nap time, but I found I was grumpy at the end of the day. Now I use nap time as my me time so I am not going crazy by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me time is definitely important! I'm actually having a "me" day today- crafting, reading, and relaxing! Enjoy your spa/lunch day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those BBW items - they really work! I hope you get some down time soon :)
    - Catherine
    cgspringer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally hear you! It's good that other people take better care of me than I do. You just reminded me to schedule the massage I got for my birthday from my best friend back in February :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a big proponent of me time. We all need a second to just lay on the couch and do absolutely nothing or get pampered or go exactly where we want and do exactly what we want. When you aren't working but you are doing everything else, it can feel like you are running all over town nonstop sometimes. I'm glad you are carving out some time fo rjust you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, I love that e card!!! It's so freaking true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen to that! I have been so exhausted from work I fell asleep in the tanning bed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES!!! Can I get 10 minutes? Paaahaaaleeez!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know how you do everything you do! If anyone deserves some time off, it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If anyone deserves some "me" time, you do! I hope you can find some this summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)