Monday, May 5, 2014

Birthday Boy!

I made it back safely to El Paso just in time to celebrate Kyle's birthday. Today he turns 29 and we had a great weekend celebrating.

Saturday night we headed off to our first El Paso Chihuahua's baseball game, they are a new Triple A team (they are a feeder team for the Padres). We had a blast and it turned out they were doing their first fireworks display of the season. They won the game which was even better.


Sunday morning we had a blast doing our favorite thing together: running! We ran a 5k for pancreatic cancer, it was a wonderful event and a nice way to spend the morning.


Since he has bowling tonight we had cake and ice cream last night along with his requested birthday dinner: homemade enchiladas. 

I made him his favorite funfetti cake and of course mint chocolate chip ice cream.


I decorated his office yesterday and let me tell you I had to tell quite the fib for him not to find out. I can't wait to get a text from him to see what he thinks about the decorations. 

Happy Birthday, babe!!!! I love you.

Happy Monday and Cinco de Mayo everyone!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kyle! That cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz cumpleanos, Kyle!! Great job with his cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Kyle!!!!! Can't wait to hear how excited he was about his office! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what he says about his office.


    HBD, Kyle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah that you pulled off the decorations! Happy Birthday to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! You're an awesome cake decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Kyle! Hope he likes the decorations! That cake looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww how fun!! The cake looks good!! Happy birthday to your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joel always likes funfetti for his birthday, too. Too funny! Looks like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send me cake!! hahaha... Happy birthday to Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cake looks delicious! Happy birthday to Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to Kyle! Glad you had a nice weekend together. I SO need to get myself an ice cream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to your beloved! Our birthdays are so close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to Kyle! You get wife of the year because that cake looks delicious, and you decorated his office! Hope you both have an awesome day together!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you do the writing on that cake yourself? You are amazing! I always mess that part up so I started to just leave cakes blank :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I have to use a really small piping tip to get the writing how I want it lol.

      Delete
  16. Happy Birthday!!! And that cake is awesome! Glad you guys had such a great weekend together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Funfetti cake is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday to Kyle! Sounds like such a fun weekend. And I love that the baseball teams name is the Chihuahuas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice looking cake! I thought it was so sweet that you decorated his office, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. He and Will are the same age! Happy Belated!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband's birthday was the day before! He got sprinkles on his cake instead of funfetti, and was not at all amused to be another year older, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)