Monday, May 19, 2014

Another One Gone

Does anyone feel like this weekend went by a little too fast? The days have just been flying by lately.

Friday started out on a bittersweet occasion, our brigade cased the colors of one of our BN's who is sending half of their soldiers forward to finish out a deployment. We also found out that Kyle's BN will case their colors for good in July. :( Although we are excited for a new adventure we are sad to say goodbye to everyone.


The night got better though and Kyle agreed to watch Frozen with me. He LOVED it, yup that man is a keeper.


Saturday afternoon was spent running errands and playing a new kinect sports game we got. Emma wanted to wait with Daddy while the game installed haha.


Saturday night we headed off to another El Paso Chihuahuas baseball game. It was a blast! They played the minor league team from Vegas (and no I did not cheer for them lol). After the game was an amazing fireworks display in honor of Armed Forces Day. We also celebrated what would have been my Mom's 58th birthday with some yummy cupcakes. :)

Sunday was spent doing the usual grocery shopping, cleaning and laundry. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!

26 comments:

  1. YES!!!! The weekends always go by wayyyyy too fast! It's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to go to L's brigade deactivation and watch them case the colors for all but two of the battalions - such a cool thing to witness! And even though it's sad, it's nice to know that most of the time, this is temporary. That they'll make an appearance again soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately for us this won't be temporary. These units will never be stood up again.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear the weekends go by much too quickly here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that picture of Emma and Kyle!! Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, how cute is the Emma/Daddy photo?! Looks like a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kinect games! It's fun to play them and see the kid in my husband come out. (that picture of your husband and pup on the floor is great) If only weekends were longer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA I LOVE that photo of Emma and Kyle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, weekends always pass too quickly. How lovely you celebrated your mom's birthday! I'm sure she was with you right there! Have a great new week, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It was great to still celebrate her birthday.

      Delete
  10. The weekend went by too too fast! Thank goodness for a short week this week. The four day can't come soon enough. haha! And its only Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay I can't even lie my husband just watched frozen, alone in his room, without me... and actually liked it. Guess I'm going to need to catch up with the times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love Frozen too! My husband likes that weird little snowman guy, haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes weekends always go by too fast...ALL of them!! HAHA that picture of him and the dog is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that picture of Kyle and Emma! It is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My weekend was busy but mostly good. Friday I had a massage that had been gifted to me by my sis for my birthday in Feb. It has made me feel less achy in places, especially my feet. Sad to hear the BN colors will case their colors in July. Life moves on. Yes, Kyle and Emma laying on the floor is funny! Phil hooked up mom's new tv on Sunday. He had no place to sit, sigh! But she loved it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will watched Frozen with me, and he loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, the dog and the hubs. That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deactivation ceremonies are a unique experience to attend. My brother-in-law's old unit at Bragg (same brigade as Mac, different battalion) cased its colors earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Kyle enjoyed Frozen! It's such an awesome movie! I just found out that Disney on Ice Frozen is coming to PA in October. I'll be buying tickets!!! (And maybe making an Elsa dress for Charlotte too!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm going to be so sad when we case our colors, too!! And I'm jealous you got to go to a chihuahua's game. My friend Julie is promising to mail me a shirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the picture of your dog next to him! haha. Any man who will watch Disney movies with you is a good one, that's for sure! My weekend went by waaaay too fast too.

    Just A Girl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seems like you had an awesome weekend! But it definitely went by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)