Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Call

I am happy to say that I didn't have to wait the full two week to find out about the job. I was called yesterday and offered a position! 


It's a flex position right now which means I could work anywhere from 0-40 hours a week, it depends on the need at the CDC's and other facilities. However the upside is that they are busy and are always needing supplemental help. I knew that getting a full-time position would be difficult so this is the best way to get my foot in the door with DoD.

Being able to put what I have learned so far in college to use is going to be amazing and once I graduate it will likely continue to open up new opportunities. 

I have to drop off my paperwork today and they will begin my background check and then I will have a physical done, so tentatively I will start around the beginning of February. 

I am really excited for this new adventure!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

21 comments:

  1. Ahhhh congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you - Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! What a great Christmas present!!!

    Merry Christmas Eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congrats to you!! And a very Merry Christmas to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats dear friend! And Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!!! Such great news!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a nice Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Jen! That's so exciting! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again! I'm sure you are super excited! I've worked 2 on post jobs and was even hired for an additional one that I didn't end up taking, and I really enjoyed it. I think you will, too! The hoops you jump through ahead of time are a pain. (I even had to get a physical, get my blood checked, and a few other seemingly ridiculous things.) Most on post jobs hire people as flex to begin with but you probably will end up working a lot of hours. Just make sure that they do switch you over to full time eventually (paid holidays that way!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! I can't wait to hear about the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippee!! Good news and hope it all goes well.
    ***MERRY CHRISTMAS***

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been thinking about applying at our CDC! They are sooooo understaffed! Great to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome, Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great early xmas gift!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! That is such exciting news! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, just now catching up on all my reading. What a wonderful Christmas present!! Congratulations, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is amazing!!! I want a 'foot in the door' job, but the one I was offered was night shift at the gym and Will said no. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)