Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Was A Runderful Year!

When this year started I had planned for us to run a few races to include a full marathon. I honestly never thought that this year would turn out the way that it did. I realized that I couldn't focus on what other people were doing in terms of running but I had to focus on my progression and do what made me happy.

I discovered a passion for running that I had no idea existed, it has become a daily part of my life and has helped keep me healthy and in a good place. I look forward to a good run when I have had a bad day, it always helps.

The support of family and friends has been awesome but Kyle has been the best, he happily nods and smiles when I tell him I've signed us up for another race. He is my motivator when I try to sham out of a run.

Together we successfully completed 27 races:

1 full marathon
9 half marathons
1 10-miler
3 10k's
1 8k
12 5k's


2015 will likely be different when it comes to running races, there are not many close to us so I will have to be picky in regards to which ones I do (Kyle's work schedule will also prohibit him from participating in most). Despite this fact I will still look forward to my daily runs and keeping myself in a good place.

I am proud of all we have accomplished and I have a lot of amazing memories from the year.


21 comments:

  1. Amazing accomplishment for the year. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's amazing, lady! Rock it out in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said on IG, you guys are awesome!! How do you keep from getting injured?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome, and you guys being able to do so many together makes it even better. Hopefully you find a few good ones for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang lady! You're a running machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's impressive. Way to keep the motivation high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I can give you enough exclamation points for all the hard work you did this year....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's incredible. So happy you found a love for running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the one hand, you're crazy and yet inspirational. On the other hand, I'm planning to run at least three half-marathons next year. What happened to me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have inspired me to start running again and to set running goals. You are a rockstar! That is an awesome accomplishment. you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an awesome list of the races you did in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so proud of your accomplishments last year! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at all that bling! And you earned every single bit with hard work! Plus, you ran your first full marathon this year! That's a huge accomplishment! I think you should put it in bold. :) I'm excited to follow along as you race in a new place and take on new challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You two are awesome! Keep up the runs and positive vibes in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Look at all of those runs! Such an inspiration to get back into running!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)