Monday, December 22, 2014

Change Of Plans

Well, our weekend didn't go exactly how we planned. We hopped in the car and started our trek down to New Orleans for our half marathon. It was already raining pretty bad and got increasingly worse, well low and behold the storm was heading South right towards NOLA. We knew immediately it wasn't smart to continue driving in that weather for 4 1/2 hours. We aren't familiar with these roads yet (they aren't that great) and the rain continued picking up. We headed back home (somewhat disappointed) and ended the night with hibachi and relaxing.

We woke up Saturday and ran a few errands before heading off for a day of fun. We went bowling and then played some miniature golf, I did not do very well but I had fun haha.


Sunday was more laid back, I picked up groceries for Christmas dinner this week and took a trip to Target. It's amazing how much money you can save when the closest Target is 45 minutes away haha. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get to run your last race of the year! That's a bummer, but it sounds like you guys had a fun weekend anyway! I LOVE hibachi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm sorry you weren't able to run your race, lady. That's such a bummer but better safe than sorry, indeed.

    Glad you were able to make the most of your weekend, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll still have plenty of chances to visit New Orleans in better weather. At least y'all salvaged your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya on the Target thing. When I was in college the closest Target was 1.5 hours away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our closest target is 45 minutes away too and it used to devastate me. HAHA! Such a bummer that you missed your race, but it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. I love miniature golfing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your last race of the year couldn't happen. :( Also what a travesty/good thing that Target is 45 minutes away!! :) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you missed your race, but you definitely chose wisely not to drive on roads you didn't know in a storm like that. It seemed you had a good weekend after all. There will be many races waiting for the two of you next year! Wishing you and your family the best holiday! Hugs to you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a bummer but glad we were home safe. :)

      Delete
  8. Total bummer about the race! We save so much money too bc the Target here is garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last year, living 45 minutes from Target was good for me. Sorry about that race!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry you didn't make it for the race, but it sounds like you had a great weekend. I love any night that ends with hibachi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer about the race!

    Merry Christmas girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did they end up canceling the race for the rain? Sounds like you managed to get home and have a decent weekend still. I generally go to Target for diet coke and M&M's. I've switched all my grocery shopping to Whole Foods (which maybe sounds snobby but I really think the food at Whole Foods is way better than Target or Wal-mart.) There will be another race for you to run. There's always another race. Merry Christmas! estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer about the race, but smart move considering the weather!

    I just got back into running and am looking for races to sign up for to keep motivated into the New Year. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That stinks that the weather didn't cooperate for y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)