Thursday, December 18, 2014

Interviewing Is Scary!

After 4 years of being jobless I am finally on the path back into the working world! I am interviewing for a Child and Youth Program Assistant position with CYS (child and youth services) this morning. Since I started school I have been looking forward to the opportunity to use my degree and work with children, since I am over half way completed I figured now was a good time to apply.

The job would be perfect for me as it works directly with children (and of course some administrative tasks), there are a multitude of different areas that I would be working in. Since I go to school online it would not interfere with that. 

 Interviews always intimidate me, I get nervous and sometimes feel that I talk too much, especially when I really want the job. Also, trying to find an appropriate outfit can be stressful. This is what I chose:


I will be wearing a light pink cardigan over top (because I have a strict rule about not wearing sleeveless dresses to an interview) and black flats.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

17 comments:

  1. The outfit you describe sounds cute! Best of luck in your interview...knock 'em dead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed! I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! That sounds like a great job and I love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck!!!! Interviews are not scary, you just have to go into them thinking they are a friend and you are going to have a conversation. I interview people all the time and I've gotten use to it. I think of meeting new people as a new experience. :) You've got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! You're right about interviews - SO nerve racking! I hate them!! I love the dress you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I always get nervous too! You never know what they are going to ask. I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Since I"m in accounting, it's always "wear a suit" for all interviews. Makes it easier on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! I know you'll do great! estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the outfit is perfect!! Good luck with the interview - you're going to knock it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your interview! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck!!! I think you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interviews aren't that bad... I'm surprised it's been 4 years since your last position. I don't think my husband would ever go for that, lol. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress, and a cardigan and flats definitely made it the perfect outfit for the job interview you describe! Keeping my fingers crossed! For whatever reason, I was so far offered every position I wanted to have, even though for my current job, I was so sure I botched it. Couldn't believe when the offer came in!! Keeping my fingers crossed, I bet you did wonderful during the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where is the dress from? Very classic!
    Hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always hate job interviews. I never know what to wear to them. Sleeveless is a big no no for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)