Wednesday, May 2, 2018

When Life Gets Stressful

How is it already May!? I feel like this year just began. 

I do apologize though for the radio silence here on the blog. We have had so much going on around here and I finally feel like I can sit down and breathe. 

I'm not going to lie, things around here have been stressful lately. Between dealing with the move, the packers coming next week, facilitating all the new house stuff, and navigating the health issues of our sweet pup, it has been rough. 

As I shared a few weeks ago our dog, Emma, has been really struggling lately. She was put on antibiotics for a UTI and we were hopeful that they would help her. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I took her back yesterday for a recheck and she is still showing signs of an infection. We did another blood test to test her BUN (blood urea nitrogen) levels, these are supposed to be between 7-22 for dogs, hers are at almost 80. Her creatine is also very high, which is not good. The likelihood of kidney failure is significant. She has also lost over a pound in 3 weeks. We are trying to stay hopeful but it's hard. We don't want her to be in pain. We are waiting for a few more tests to come back and then we will make a decision on how to move forward. As of right now, we are just making the most of our time with her. She has been with me for 14 years and has been the best companion.
I hate being a downer but I also can't hide the fact that this sucks. 

Despite this we have been really trying to make the most of the time together. We know that Kyle's next job is not going to be as forgiving so we are making every moment count. We were able to have some couple time on Sunday. We did some shopping and even snuck in a 10 mile run together.
It will be interesting to see how E does with the packers coming next week. While this is technically her 2nd move, it will be her 1st that she will be aware that people are packing up her things and taking them away. All we can do is hope for the best. Hopefully once everything is gone we can take a deep breathe and relax a bit. 

Hope you all have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Prayers for your sweet pup. Watching them be sick is so awful. Maybe you can send E to a friends' house for part of the day? We did that with our E when we PCSd and it helped that she didn't see the actual items going inside the box. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate it. Yes, E will be going over to a neighbors for a bit during packing. :)

      Delete
  2. I’m so sorry to hear about Emma. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have to go through all this in the middle of moving! Moving can be stressful enough without adding this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Emma. 14 years is a really long time and she looks like just the sweetest girl - anyone who says pets aren't a member of the family is deluded. I'm thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Emma gets better asap!!! Moving is super stressful, omg, I totally sympathize...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooo sorry about Emma. I hope she recovers. Breaks my heart when I see people going through this. My dog is my first child and I can't even imagine. Sending you hugs. I am sorry things have been stressful lately. I hope you can relax soon and de-stress a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you as you enjoy your time with Emma and struggle with the tough decisions. I always go back to "I give them the best life I possibly can" and Emma's had that for her whole life. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm getting really invested in this Emma situation My heart is truly breaking for you as you walk through this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping you get good answers for Emma! That's so tough. :( Our dog, Smudge, is 15 and also going through a ton of health issues. We never thought he'd make it to Florida with us, so he's one step ahead of us, but he is NOT doing well now, and Dan is super upset about it. He's had him since he was a puppy too. It seems inevitable anytime now, and it's SO stressful. I hope the vets can find something that works to help Emma so she can stay with you guys for much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so sorry about Emma! Our fur babies usually are our first babies and like you said the last thing you want is for them to be in any pain! I’m sending you all the thoughts and love right now because I know that it’s even more stressful with the move too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping for answers for your sweet pup soon!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)