Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Life Lately

I honestly feel like our days have been running together lately. We have been busy every single day and while it has been nice, we are tired. 

Here is a run down of life lately in the Smith House.

1. Last week we said goodbye to our household goods!!! It only took the packer 6.5 hours to pack the whole house which was absolutely amazing. The crew the spectacular and the loaders were just as great. Even though our stuff ended up in a split shipment everything made it to NC yesterday and we are already scheduled to receive our goods the day after we close on the new house! Woo! E didn't quite know what to think about all the boxes.
2. On Saturday we ran the last race for the Heartland 39.3 series. All I can say is wow, this race was by far the most challenging. I'm not sure if it was because of all the hills or because we were pushing E. We were thrilled when we finished haha. A few of my fellow SLAM sisters ran it as well and it was so fun!
We did also learn that it takes roughly 12 miles of riding in the stroller for E to fall asleep. These photos of E sleeping crack me up!
She wasn't happy when she got woken up at the end.
3. I enjoyed a pretty low key but wonderful Mother's Day. I was spoiled with breakfast at my favorite local restaurant followed by a trip to the zoo. Later in the day we attended a dance recitals for a few friends' daughters' and it was wonderful. The day ended with a low key dinner and being with my 2 favorite people. 
4. Now that we are living in an empty house we are able to really clean. We have spent the last day or so patching holes and painting. It's so tedious but it will be nice to have it done. We had our pre-move out inspection yesterday and I'm pretty sure we will be just fine when it comes to clearing housing.
5. Last Friday, we finally received Emma's ashes. The vet here in town was absolutely amazing with handling everything and we even received a precious casting of her paw print. It does bring us a sense of peace knowing that she is home with us.
I hope you all had a good weekend!

16 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by the days running together! Cheers to them packing up your HHGs so quickly. It took two days the last time we used the army movers. We'll use them again next winter though and I'm looking forward to NOT doing the packing then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds that you are always busy in somethings. Packing crew are very efficient that they do their work very fast.
    It would have been a good experience to run pushing the stroller while running...
    Amazing work to close the wholes, cracks and paint them back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs still, its never easy. Glad the vet did a great job. SO SO glad your hhg made to NC. That race seems challenging but you killed it! Happy Belated Mothers day. Looks and sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much going on! I hope the closing and moving go smoothly! The tribute to Emma is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that your HHG are already packed with an unpack date scheduled. The HHG shipment is definitely my least favorite part of moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big week for sure! Photo of E looking at the boxes is cute! Good thing she didn't take off the stickers!😉 Sweet to get Emma's remains and paw print so nice. Have a good next few weeks of your pcs. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats how we felt when we picked up Dart’s ashes, and we got a cast of his paw print as well and I treasure it so much! I can’t believe that you’re not going crazy with everything going on, including running a race! E passed out in the stroller is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how quickly they got it all done!! Do you know approx. how much weight you guys have? I'm dreading our pack out. We have a super steep driveway and it's been SO hot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot get over how fast your packers moved - that's amazing! Also, how sweet of your vet to give you that keepsake of your sweet baby. My heart is still broken over that for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I roared when I read your comment the other day about how it took E 12 miles to fall asleep in the stroller!! We've had on and off battles with getting the girls to sleep in the stroller; Sometimes we wish they'd fall asleep, and other times we want them to stay up and they crash anyway! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have boxes we still haven't really unpacked since 2 years ago. It's mainly useless junk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually have a few boxes like that too.

      Delete
  12. I love the paw print and ashes case they gave you. They did a beautiful job. Those are some funny photos of E sleeping while running. I can't believe how fast you guys got your house packed up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is a split shipment for HHG?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pack out seems like it went well. Finger crossed ours goes just as good

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)