I can't believe that today is August 1st!! This year is already half away over and that blows my mind.
We have been doing our best to stay busy lately and it is really nice. Here is what is happening in our neck of the woods.
1. We completed 2 more races this past weekend. On Saturday, we ran the Grant's Cause for Spina Bifida 5k. It was a great event benefiting an even better cause. On Sunday, it was the Diva Dash 5k for just me and E. It was so fun running with her. We are working on our goal of completing 100 races by the time we leave Kansas, these were number 81 and 82 (even though Kyle didn't run on Sunday, he is running a few races solo so that way we stay even). Woo!
2. We have a few events to attend over the next few weeks in support of the school that Kyle is attending. We have a social for his branch next week, followed by a Commandant's reception at the end of August, and then an International Friendship Gala at the end of September. Looking for dresses is hard, I don't want to buy so I will likely look on Rent the Runway. Oh yeah and we have to buy Kyle's mess dress uniform. I'm not even lying when I say how EXPENSIVE that uniform is. Thank goodness for the coupon we should be getting for it in a few weeks haha.
3. We have been working on the last few touches around the house. I hope that we will have all of the pictures hung up by this weekend. It took me quite a long time to pick new frames. I plan on doing a house tour once I have everything exactly how I want it. One of my favorite walls has Kyle's plaques, I do love how it turned out.
4. The weather has been cooling down a bit lately and I am reminded that I will experience my first true winter this year. I'm a desert girl who has lived in really warm climates haha. I better bulk up my cold weather wardrobe.
5. Speaking of it being August 1st, that means our little precious E is 11 months old! Ummm excuse me?! Since we are only a month away from her birthday, birthday party planning has begun. It's not going to be anything fancy but it is going to be special. We did decide to rent a place on post to have her party. It has a lodge to use (with a full kitchen and seating area) plus there is an huge outside area with playground equipment for the kids. It just makes the most sense.
My family as well as Kyle's parents will be flying in for her birthday and we are thrilled!!! We are so excited to have so many that want to celebrate this precious little girl.
Here is to an amazing Tuesday!!!