Monday, August 21, 2017

Double The Fun!

It's hard to believe that it's Monday again! I feel like the weekend just started. We had a pretty great weekend and to be honest I'm sad that it's over.

We started out the weekend on Friday with a surprise party at our neighbors house. Our friend, Sam, surprised his wife with a party full of family, friends, and good food. It was nice that it was next door so when E got fussy we put her to bed and brought the monitor over with us. 

We always received an awesome delivery. A new BOB stroller! Since we have significantly increased our running with E we knew that a new stroller was needed. She definitely seems content in it. 


We were up bright and early on Saturday morning for a Superhero 10k in town. I always look for races that benefit great causes and this was no different. The course was beautiful but quite hilly. It seemed that around every turn was another hill haha. It was so fun seeing people dressed in costumes and genuinely enjoying the morning.

Some friends of ours were there as well and took photos for us at the finish line.


I, of course, could not let us do a Superhero race without costumes. Kyle is so wonderful and pushes E when we do races and because of that I was able to PR my 10k time. 


After the races was over we headed towards home but we stopped at an event on post called PAIR Day. It brings together a variety of vendors and organizations that provide information/resources. We mainly went to grab a coupon for Kyle's new mess dress uniform. Believe me every little bit helps haha.

We decided to meet up with some friends for lunch at a local place called Grinders. If you are in the Leavenworth area, you MUST eat here! Not only is the food amazing but the staff is outstanding. The cook came out to address allergy concerns for one of our friends. It was awesome. 

We needed that good food fuel because we were running another race that night! We headed off to Kansas City to get ready for the Rock the Stockyards 5k in KC. It was held at a brewery there and it was such a cool atmosphere. They have music playing and everyone was so nice. The race started at 7:30pm and thankfully E was a champ!


The course was HILLY haha! The first half was entirely uphill but it made the back half so nice going downhill. They had music playing and people on the course giving high fives. You can't beat an atmosphere like that.


We finally made it home around 9:30, put E to bed, and decompressed.

Sunday was extremely low-key. It was mainly spent prepping for the week ahead and enjoying a quiet day at home.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Very cool new stroller! Great job on the run! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you ran two races this weekend! E looks so happy to just be with y'all during the races and like she loves the new stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow two races in one weekend? I am sore just thinking about that! The new stroller looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am taking ALLLLLLL the notes from you! I will definitely be on the lookout for that coupon! The price of the uniform KILLS me! And I can't wait to move and be in a younger (?) neighborhood with fun neighbors that do things!
    Congrats on your PR! I seriously LOVE the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stroller looks amazing. I hate when there are hills. Hills kill me and I tend to curse when I'm jogging up one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, the hills!!! Whoever said Kansas is flat lied! Big time!

      Delete
  6. That looks like a very nice stroller, I loved the super hero costumes, you three looked good I bet that was a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two races in a day!? That's dedication to running! I love how happy E looks in her stroller, and that Kyle pushes for you so you can keep achieving PRs. What a family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes! I can't believe you ran 2 races in one day!! You rock, chica! Would you believe I strained my muscle running? Argh. I've been told to not run so far. HAHAHAHA So um, defo not going to be running 2 races in one day anytime soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you guys take her running with you all. She is going to love running one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys always have such fun and full weekends! And that stroller is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two races in one day?! Girl, you rock! And you are setting such a great example for E. Congrats on your PR! I'm glad you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WAY TO GO! I love seeing the costumes that you come up with for the themed runs. They are so great! I bet they add an extra pep in your step to get into it. It would for me anyway. How do you like the bob stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two in one day? Y'all are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)