Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Run Disney: Part 1

Well, yesterday I arrived home after an AMAZING long weekend at Disneyland. 

The journey got started bright and early on Friday morning. My sister, Lisa and I were able to work it out so that we were on the same flight from Houston to Anaheim. We were able to hang out and enjoy lunch and a drink before boarding our flight. You can never say no to Mojitos while on vacation.


We arrived in Anaheim, picked up our rental car, and headed to the hotel to check in. I booked the hotel so far in advance that I was able to get one only .5 miles from Disneyland which is needed on race weekends like this because of the street closures that occur. After checking in we were off to the expo to pick up our bibs, it was really cool and they had so much merchandise but we were limited on suitcase space so we didn't buy anything there.


We walked over to the park afterwards and just took it all in because this really is one of our favorite places. We rode a couple rides and then called it a night since we had to be up at 3:15am for the 10k the next morning.



Let me just say that 3:15am came fast haha! But we sprang out of bed, quickly put on our costumes and headed to the start line. It was time for the Tinkerbell 10k! Let me just say, HOLY PEOPLE!!! Wow! The final count was that 8,265 people who ran the 10k. 

Our Mr. Smee and Captain Hook costumes were a hit though! This was before the start and we were in the last corral, there were 6 total. The weather was perfect!! It was low 50's at the start and was around 65 degrees when we finished. The race officially started at 5:30am but with the corral start we got going around 6:10am.


You can see the insane amount of people ahead of us in this photo. We were blown away.


The course was absolutely amazing! We ran through Toon Town, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and went through the Castle and turned into Frontierland and then went right past Haunted Mansion which happens to be our favorite ride. We went out of Disneyland and made our way to California Adventure and into Cars Land. The course ended in Downtown Disney and it was just incredible! 




You just have to take a selfie in from of Haunted Mansion haha!




Our finish line photo is one of my favorites! We had such a blast running and just enjoyed the time together. I was so proud of Lisa for completing her first 10k.



Once the race was over we headed over to the Starbucks and then back to the hotel to shower and change. We spent the rest of the day at the parks, eating churros, and having a blast.

We had these shirts made for the trip. Lisa's says "I'm Her Elsa" and mine says "I'm Her Anna". We got a lot of compliments on them. The relationship I have with my sister is priceless, so grateful!


Stay Tuned for Part II later this week!

31 comments:

  1. I can tell you'll are sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! Your costumes came out great and those shirts are awesome!! Can't wait for Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing memories that you two got to make together!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your costumes, they are so cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Your costumes are amazing! Sounds like it was a great weekend! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip! I know you missed E though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun but you are right I missed that girl so bad!

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic trip! I think any Disney run is on my running bucket list, but my goodness, they can be SO costly! One of these days?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time! You and your sister are so cute! Having one, or two in my case, is the best! Love the shirts and costumes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that and I love your Elsa and Anna shirts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE everything about this post! It looks like y'all really did have the best time, and your costumes are so cute! I really think that I need to get those Elsa and Anna shirts for my sister and I!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a fun trip! It's awesome that you are so close with your sister and are able to see her so often!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why did I think this entire time that y'all were at Florida Disney?! Oh man I'm glad you were at CA Disney and had such nice weather! Cute costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to do a race like this so bad! It looks like so much fun, and the distractions with the rides and things to see would be awesome! Can't wait to read part two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The course sounds awesome. It's hard to believe running between parks is 10k. It seems long and short at the same time. haha. Looking forward to part 2. How did your sister feel about completing her first 10k? Is she hooked or was this enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun run and sister tshirts sound fun too. I'm glad you have a sister to have fun with. I do as well but haven't done much together lately. Gonna have to fix that soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! What an awesome race to be a part of with your sister. I love your Anna and Elsa shirts! I love Disney so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make me want to run these races! You look like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!!!! :) They are so much fun!

      Delete
  18. This looks like soo much fun! I want to do it too!! So fun that you got to do this with your sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOOOOOVE your costumes! They're so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just had a chance to read this and your costumes are so cute! I'm so glad you got a chance to have such a memorable weekend with your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! That looks like so much FUN! Running any race at Disney is on my Bucket List. It's will probably be Disney World since that's closer, but any Disney race will do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You two are absolutely adorable! And what a cool thing to do with your sister. Congrats on the 10k to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great start to your trip! I love your finish race picture too, I hope you frame it!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)