Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Musings

I can't believe that we are almost to the end of May. How did that even happen?!

We are down to our last few weeks in Louisiana and it's crazy to me that the last 2 1/2 years have gone by so fast. I feel like we just said goodbye to Texas and made our way here. I'm going to miss this small and rustic part of Central Louisiana.


As I've spoken about in the past, Kyle has a pretty intense job here. When units are here, he is working nonstop to include really late nights and weekends. BUT! Yesterday his replacement officially took over, it is a huge relief and I can already tell that he is more relaxed. He has enjoyed his job but it's taxing. Since he already has his Masters degree he won't be pulling double duty during CGSC so we will actually get to have quality time together as a family for a year. Woo!

Speaking of Masters degrees, I officially graduated with a Masters in Psychology on May 15th! It was really awesome getting this email. Kyle and I didn't attend our commencement ceremony since I was in California but that's okay. :) I'm just happy to be finished.


We decided a few months that we would go to Florida to see my family for Memorial Weekend. We are so looking forward to this trip. You can't go wrong with family time. We plan on celebrating birthdays while we are there. We especially love seeing the kiddos together, it's awesome.

So E has decided that she loves to stand. ALL THE TIME. Slow down little girl, you don't have to grow up so fast! If only she would listen haha.


She also happens to be one of the best running partners. We ran a 5k over the weekend and I placed 2nd in my age group. They gave her a medal as well which I thought was super sweet.

 
Happy Monday!!

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your degree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adam! I am so happy to be finished.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congrats on Finishing school and getting your Masters! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much good stuff here! Congrats on the degree and second place. And getting your husband back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on graduating! It's such a huge deal to graduate, but I know that it's even harder with a newborn too so congrats! Your move is going to be here before we know it! That's so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! That is SUPER exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on so many exciting things!! That Masters degree is quite an accomplishment as is the running with E! I love that they gave her a medal, too :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay congrats you two!!!! And yay Emmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His schedule seriously sounded grueling! I'm so excited that you guys are finally going to get some more family time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations graduate! And fast runner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your graduation and your race!!! Have the best time in Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for your upcoming move. Haha, I just love to see new places people end up and you always make the best of your duty station! Anyone that can make the best out of Ft. Polk deserves all the wine in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Haha! I really never expected to love Polk but I'm so glad we enjoy it here.

      Delete
  12. I am so glad Kyle will have some downtime in KS! Also, if E keeps standing that means my bub will start standing and that is not okay. 😝

    ReplyDelete
  13. So crazy that we're almost in June and you guys are heading to your next duty station... Feel like it was just yesterday you were telling me where you were going!! ;) But hurrah to having Kyle around now and going forward! Well done on your getting your masters!! Wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for family time!! That was us last year, and we needed it more than anything. Now Chris has been back to work for a week, and not home for dinner once. LOL! And oh my goodness, E is just too cute. All my kids started walking at nine months and by the time we got to Odette I was like noooooo....push her down. Hahaha! Everything just goes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a busy weekend coming soon. Thankful to read that Kyle will be home more and family time is special time, especially since you're moving soon. Congratulations on your master's degree!! Way to go! Megan did her degree studies on line as well but didn't go to grad ceremony 2016. She was able to watch it on internet! Have a grad celebration with all the birthdays with family would work too! God bless you and family!:-}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Can she get any cuter?!?! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on graduating! That's amazing especially since you did it with Emersyn! Your part of Louisiana definitely looks beautiful, all those trees :) That photo of you running with Emersyn is amazing. You make a good team!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS!! You are badass finishing school with a little one. Major props! Oh, and t-minus one week(ish) until move day?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)