Thursday, August 30, 2018

3 Things That Changed My Mindset

A few weeks ago I noticed that I was cranky and just feeling blah for whatever reason. After reflecting on how I was feeling, I realized that I was just exhausted. While I was able to do things for myself but I wasn't really enjoying them. I needed a reset and I needed a clean slate to start from. 

I took a few days off from everything. Sometimes it's important to do that because it really forces you to appreciate those things and I was blown away at what a difference it made for me. 

There are 3 crucial things that I have implemented that have really changed everything. 

1. Getting up at least 2 hours before E during the week. 

This has been one of the best things I've started doing. I am able to get things done that I need to or that I want to. More often than not I just enjoy a cup tea and watch the sunrise. I noticed that if I got up when she did I felt sluggish and it just didn't start the day out on the right foot. It didn't benefit me and it certainly didn't benefit her. I feel more productive during the day and have been in a much better mood.
2. Focus on me during my SLAM workouts. 

One things about group fitness classes is that it's hard to not compare yourself to others. It's hard to not wish that you were faster, stronger, tougher, leaner, etc. I struggled with this SO much when we were in Kansas and unfortunately it carried over here at my new SLAM location. I took a few days off to reevaluate how I was feeling and realized that I was the problem. I had to let go of whatever feelings I had and just get to work. Wow, what a difference it has made. The only competition for me is me. I am so much happier and I am feeling renewed in my love for SLAM.

3. Stop worrying about what others think. 

I know there are so many of us that deal with this. We worry about what other's think about our choices, how we parent, how we live, how we worship, etc. At the end of the day it does not matter what other's think. As long as I'm happy and my family is happy, that's all that matters. The opinion of someone else should have zero bearing on what I do. I feel like a weight has been lifted. What others think of you has everything to do with them and nothing to do with you.
These 3 relatively simple things have made all the difference in the world for me.

Are there things you want to change? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)