Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekend Recap!

What a fun weekend we have had! Why you ask!? Well, Kyle had a 3 day weekend. Let me just say that his work schedule isn't very forgiving when it comes to time so when I found out he had a long weekend I was elated. 

The weather was amazing on Friday so we decided to head to a place called the Aloha Safari Zoo. All of the animals there are rescues and they are operated completely on donations. 

E had an absolute blast!! She loved running around, feeding and petting so many different animals. We took the safari ride down to the bigger area where we saw elands, wild hogs, llamas, alpacas, and donkeys. 
One of the highlights for me was being able to feed the giraffe named Stretch. This sweet boy was illegally owned and kept in a barn that was too small for him. It stunted his growth and he is 5 feet shorter than what he should be. It was amazing.
We spent about 2 hours there and had the best time. We can't wait to take family there. If you are ever in this area, do yourself a favor and go! It's so worth it. 

It was an early Saturday morning for us since we had a race. We were out the door by 5:30am. We were running an event benefiting a local animal rescue and adoption center. It was quite a unique event. They had both a 5k and 10k, however you could run both and participate in the challenge. We started the 5k at 7:15am and then the 10k at 8:15am. Kyle is pretty much amazing and pushed E for both of them. I usually run with her during the week so it was nice to go hands free. 
I honestly had no times in mind and just wanted to finish. The courses were hilly but the weather was gorgeous so it balanced out haha. 
We checked the results and I was shocked to find out that I placed 1st in my age group for both the 5k and the 10k. I definitely did not expect that.
It was awesome running an event that benefited such a great cause, let's face it that is why we do it. We love supporting local organizations. 

Later in the day I headed off to get my hair done. I didn't want much length cut off but I wanted a new color. I went with a red tone and I love it! Now that I have a good base, I will go much bolder at my next appointment. 
The rest of the night was pretty relaxed. We watched the movie Waiting, for what feels like the millionth time haha, but it's just too good not to watch when it's on.

We slept in on Sunday, which we rarely do. However, I had to get going on my longest run of this training cycle. Having raced the day before I was nervous but as I got going I felt strong and so confident. 
It feels so good to have this run in the books! The big day is coming quickly! 

The rest of the day was so relaxed. We ran a few errands but we mostly just hung out at home and enjoyed the family time. You cannot replace that time together. It's the best.

It was such a great weekend and I hope y'all had a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)