Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Life Lately

Since we came back from Florida we have been doing our best to keep busy. 

One day a week E and I spend time at the splash pad. It's convenient because it's at the same park where my SLAM class meets. We usually stay for about 45 minutes which is more than enough time for her and then we head off to lunch at Chick Fil A. It has become a tradition for us and I love it.
One of the things that I've always wanted to do with her is bake. Well, that time has finally come! I feel like she is old enough to finally understand. She helped me make cookies last week and it was so fun. She was so happy dumping in the ingredients and only stole a few chocolate chips haha.
We had so much fun and I can't wait to do it more often.

Kyle finally had a weekend at home and it was so nice to spend that time together. We ran a 5k on post on Saturday and for the first time in a while, I wasn't pushing the stroller. Woo!!! It was nice to hand that duty off to him. 
E has been loving all of the daddy time, I'm happy to step back a bit and let them have that time. We ventured out to Southern Pines one day and it was so fun watching them giggle and be silly together.
We are heading back to Florida for Labor Day weekend and E's 2nd birthday (holy cow!!!!) and then when we get back she will start preschool! We are so excited for her to have this school to go to 3 days a week. I recently saw a post where someone insinuated that preschool for a 2 year old is basically daycare. Excuse me while I roll my eyes back into my head. It's going to be great for her socialization and will help her with structure and to be around other kids and adults that aren't family.

I had to get the windshield on my car replaced. A nice rock hit it while I was in Florida and it just continued to crack down the passenger side. Thank goodness for Safelite, they were able to replace it and recalibrate my camera system in less than 2 hours. It's not a great photo but you can definitely see the crack.
We are also in the early stages of planning a trip to Disneyworld in February!!! My sister and I signed up to run the Fairy Tale Challenge during the Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend so we thought why not make it a family affair. Kyle's boss has already told him that he should be good to go (thank goodness!!). It is going to be so fun to have the whole family together at Disney. 
Things are going to continue to be busy around here but we are also soaking up the family time we do get since Kyle will be in and out a lot, such is the life of an Army family.

Hope y'all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)