Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Florida Fun!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm currently on the road headed back home after a great 4 days in Florida!

E and I hopped in the car early Thursday morning and made our way to visit my family. We had such a great time. It was nice to just relax and hang out. We were bummed that Kyle wasn't able to go with us but he will be able to go back with us over Labor Day Weekend. 

My niece and nephew were staying at my Dad's house so E was thrilled that her cousins were there to play with right away. 
We headed over to my sister and brother in laws new house for them to surprise the kiddos with a new boat! They were so excited!

On Friday we headed out to test the boat. It was so much fun and a beautiful day! They live close to Destin so we headed out to the bay and a place called Crab Island. Everyone had so much fun until a massive rainstorm came in and soaked us haha. It was a mad dash to get everyone out of the boat and get the boat loaded. 
Saturday was more relaxed and low key. I headed out for an 8 mile run and really enjoyed the scenery around my Dad's house. He lives in a pretty small town so it was a nice quiet run. 
Afterwards we all headed to bass pro shop and then we went bowling. It was so much fun! We bowled two games and the kids got to play in the arcade for a while. E did so good, she was content just eating pizza and watching all the action.

Sunday was our busiest day. It was my brother in law, Joe's birthday so we headed out bright and early for some fun on the boat. We went to Crab Island again, anchored the boat, and swam for a little while. The water is really shallow so E was able to play without fear. She absolutely loved it! We were able to do some tubing too and it was a blast. It was such a gorgeous day.
Then it was time for his birthday dinner. We went to a place in Destin called Pompano Joe's, it was right on the water and such a beautiful view.
We ended the birthday festivities with cake and ice cream back at the house and then I headed out for my run. It was a gorgeous night and the views by the water were amazing.
We all stayed at my sister's so we could see the kids on their first day of school yesterday. I went with my sister to take them. Definitely big days for both of them. :)

It was a great visit and I'm looking forward to going back at the end of the month.

I hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)