Monday, October 30, 2017

Weekend Festivities!

This weekend was full of fun Halloween activities! I always look forward to this time of year and I have to say that having a little one makes it even more amazing. 

Saturday morning we toyed around with running a fun run on post but when we got up and realized that it was going to be 30 degrees at the start we opted against it haha (if we had paid for it we would have thought a little harder about doing it). Instead we headed to breakfast at a local place, enjoyed some pancakes, and then headed off to Target. We picked up some candy for Halloween night and a few other things we needed.

We relaxed for most of the afternoon and then got ready for the Monster Dash 5k! I had our costumes figured out weeks ago and I'm so happy with how they turned out. The race was great and it was #99!  It started at 7pm and was chilly but once we got moving it was fine. It was a giant loop course which I love, but the best part was seeing everyone's costumes along the way. 

In case you can't tell we were characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Which happens to be one of my favorite movies. Kyle was Jack Skellington while me and E were Sally. 

It was such a fun event and as usual E was awesome!

Sunday morning we headed off to the Kansas City Zoo for Boo at the Zoo with some friends of ours. This was going to be the first time that E really experienced trick or treating. Oh my goodness, she loved it! She carried her bucket and held it out for people to put candy in it all while mumbling something that could have been "trick or treat". It was the sweetest!
She was excited for her first carousel ride!
 It was a beautiful day at the zoo!
 We left the zoo around 11 because we had a BBQ to attend. It was thrown by one of the Kyle's professors from his college ROTC program. He is retired from the Army and lives in Leavenworth with his wife. He invited a few other alumni from WSU over and it was a great time! 

Overall, it was a great weekend! We had a blast kicking off our Halloween festivities. I hope you all had a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Your costumes were a bit more subtle to tell this time without being told. It's amazing how popular that movie still is, and crazy someone got a movie to work for both halloween and xmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute with her little basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she was already starting to say Trick or Treat, or something like it! Your weekend sounds like so much fun with all the Halloween festivities, and I don't blame you for skipping out on that cold fun run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love y'alls costumes! Good move skipping the run, that is too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how you re-meet people from your (husband's) military career everywhere you go!

    I have never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait so if it wasn't 30 degrees, you would have ran two races in one day? I swear you are wonder woman. I need like two days to recover from a 5k hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is the cutest with her plastic pumpkin! I hope she got a lot of candy!! ;) and a moster dash run sounds really fun - your costumes were great!! one more to 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looked and sounds like so much fun. The cold is not my favorite to run in. Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)