Thursday, October 19, 2017

Halloween Costume Fun!

I have to say that one of the funnest things about having a child is being able to dress them up for Halloween. It is no surprise to most people who know me well that I LOVE Halloween! I look forward to it every year and while I may not always dress up, there is just something so fun about scary movies, Halloween treats, decorations, and seeing kiddos (and adults) dressed up for a night of fun! We are bummed though to be missing my sister's Halloween party this year but such is life. Of course no Halloween is complete without dressing Emma and Fishy up as well. I have a bin full of costumes to choose from for them haha. I’m sure they will be angry at me as always. 

Last year, we all dressed up as Ninja Turtles and it was so much fun! 
 This year we have several events to attend and so this means a few costumes for E! For the record, I only bought 1 costume this year because I bought 2 on clearance last year that I just couldn't pass up (yes, I know it may be a little overboard lol). 

My workout group is having a trunk or treat after class so for that E is going to be:

A sweet little lamb! Target

I'll be dressing up as a llama (I have a llama onesie, don't judge lol) so we will both be rocking the farm animal theme haha.
There is a Boo at the Zoo event in KC the Saturday before Halloween and we will also be running a Halloween 5k that night so she will be:

Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas! 

Kyle and I will be wearing Jack Skellington shirts for both occasions. 
For Halloween night we will take E trick or treating for an hour or so with friends before settling in at home to pass out candy. For that night she will be:

An adorable little frappuccino! Party City

To fit in with the theme, Kyle and I will be dressing up as Baristas. I ordered our aprons from Amazon and they are perfect.

I just need to find some old headsets and we will be ready to go for that night. 

We are so excited and can't wait enjoy this Halloween season with E. 

Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you being?

24 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! that frappuccino costume is TOO cute! Not going to lie, I kind of wish we had done that now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these are freaking adorable! I have to admit - I'm not crazy about Halloween, but usually Dane and I dress up with the dogs. We won't be home this year, so I haven't even thought about costumes! Can't wait to see E in all her outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those costumes are so cute! I love that you get so into the season, and that you have a different outfit for E for each of the events y'll are going to and that y'all will try to match her! The Frap and Barista outfits are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already got mine yesterday, that's one thing I hate about halloween costumes is some don't look nearly as good as the picture. I had tried on a batman costume one year... not good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! It's definitely hard to judge costumes.

      Delete
  5. OMG please take SO many photos at all of these events! I love your llama costume, and Emersyn is going to look adorable as Sally and as a frappuccino :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not overboard at all! They are super cute costumes and I love that you both dress up with her! I can't wait to see her in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm so excited to see her all dressed up.

      Delete
  7. So fun! I love that you get to have multiple costumes! I have not dressed up in years, last time I did I was Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't even thought about dressing up for Halloween! We did remember to buy candy this year, though! (Actually I was walking into Walmart and saw all the candy and thought "Oh yeah, I guess that's coming up soon!") Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So freaking cute! I love that you are doing a different outfit for every event.

    Also - you all have been SO busy making the most out of Kansas. This is an amazing time of year to be here. Especially coming from the south. I love reading about all of your adventures all over the state!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all!!! I can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween - maybe when I was still in NYC? Goodness! Love Halloween and I wish it were more of a thing here! Can't wait to see you guys all dressed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! You guys are the best! These ideas are too too cute!! I can't wait to see all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG so cute! I don't even like Jack and Sally but that outfit is too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg the starbucks costume!! She'll look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun are those costumes!!! <3 Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun!!!!! Our boys are going to be a banana and a monkey and I'm pumped! She's going to look adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen a frappuccino costume. That is cute as can be (and you can never go overboard with costumes). :) I'm not dressing up this year. My son is going to be Batman. My grown children will likely dress up in couples costumes with their spouses or significant others. They usually do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the costumes! This year my son has decided to be Jason from Friday the 13th and my daughter wanted to be cat woman. I am staying behind to hand out candy and going to be a scary zombie sitting on the porch with our graveyard front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!! I love when families dress up with a theme :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)