Monday, October 2, 2017

Highs and Lows

Of course in life there are highs and lows that always seem to impact us. We are lucky that we have few lows these days but unexpected ones tend to creep up. 

Here are some highs and lows from life lately.

Low: This is the biggest low for sure. My sister, niece, and nephew's sweet pup, Clarence, was diagnosed with cancer last week. He is the sweetest guy and a big baby who just loves everyone and everyone loves him. He will have surgery on Wednesday and we are hoping that everything will turn out okay. If you wouldn't mind sending some good thoughts that would be wonderful. I do wish I could be there to give him lots of snuggles.
High: Kyle and I ran two races this weekend. Both were equally challenging but so much fun! On Saturday we ran the Triple Trot 5k where Kyle placed 1st overall and I placed 3rd overall for women (E is chewing on our trophies in this picture haha). It was the 
Yesterday we ran the WWI 8k race that was pretty unique (We ran a 5k stopped for 30 minutes and finished the additional 3k). It was held at the WWI Museum and beautiful! I ended up placing 2nd in my age group with my friend, Lauren, placing 3rd. 
 Low: This isn't so much a low as it is an annoyance but it's still a downer. One of the biggest pains of being military is dealing with vehicle registration. Some states are ridiculous and won't let you renew if you don't live there (looking at you, Louisiana!), even if you are military. So now we are in the process of moving my registration back to Nevada and good gracious it's expensive. $$$$$$$$$ Oh well, it must be done. It will be nice to have everything back in one state.
High/Low: We have a walker in the house!! E has been taking steps here and there but walking is now her preferred method of movement! It's so fun watching her walk around the house and discover everything, well except the things she shouldn't be getting into, haha. Yes I categorized this as a high and low because it's equally amazing and sad that our little girl is growing up so fast. 
What are some highs and lows you are experiencing lately?

Hope you all have started October off on a high note!

*Let me just say that this post was written before the tragic events in my hometown of Las Vegas. My heart is breaking for the city that I was born, raised in, and called home for 22 years of my life. We still have family and friends there, some of whom were at the concert last night. I'll be sharing a post soon regarding ways to help in the wake of this terrible tragedy.


13 comments:

  1. Poor Clarence. I hope things turn out better than expected.
    Vehicles and taxes are made so confusing by the military.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your sisters sweet pup. I hope his surgery goes well. And congrats on your two races. I also have a 5k and an 8k coming up that I'm excited to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending all the good thoughts and prayers to your sister and her family with their dog's surgery! We went through the same thing with Dart, and it's no fun to deal with. Hopefully the surgery goes well! And that's so exciting that E is walking! She really is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she is walking! It was one of my favorite times when my kids started walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun watching her cruise around the house!

      Delete
  5. I'd rather wish states worked with the feds on a lot of paperwork and renewals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of Clarence and everyone who loves the pup! He looks adorable. It's just not fair is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your sister and her family! Hope he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore her pigtails. She looks like little Cindy Loo Who from The Grinch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Clarence gets better soon! He's so darn cute! I've never owned a car so I have no idea what it entails to move the registrations, but argh. Sounds like a mare! Vegas... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor puppy! Yay for E walking. Now everything gets pushed back to the edge of the tables lol. My low is hhg being delayed. My high is that we are down to single digits of hotel living.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw Clarance was doing better, this makes me happy. :) I can’t believe E is walking already, it’s bittersweet this parenting thing.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)