Monday, October 23, 2017

Shatto Home Delivery

One of the things that I was most excited about when it came to moving to Leavenworth was the milk delivery company that services post and the surrounding area. 

This company is Shatto Milk Company. This company has been producing high quality products for 75 years and they call Osborn, Missouri home. We had the opportunity to visit the farm during their family day a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Seeing how the cows are cared for and the facilities they use was impressive. 
One of the things I love about them is that their milk products are in glass bottles. There is just something special about getting that glass bottle, I don't know why but it tastes so much better. Even more amazing is that they don't just provide milk. They have a variety of products and are partnered with the Kearney Culinary Academy to provide meals as well. They have delicious side dishes, entrees, cheese, meat, eggs, fruit, vegetables, sweet treats, bread, as well as things like salsa. Kyle absolutely loves their salsa! 

Now that E is drinking whole milk, we wanted to get a good brand that was high quality and we knew that Shatto was it. Home delivery made that decision even easier, there is nothing better than having the products you order on your doorstep every Thursday. We just place our cooler on the porch the night before and we get a text message when our items have been delivered. I love how easy their delivery service is. If I have empty bottles from the week before I place them in the cooler and they take them, plus I am refunded the $2 bottle deposit. 
You can tailor your deliveries how you want. You can set up weekly recurring orders, biweekly orders, or even just simple one time orders. They make the process extremely easy and everything is paid automatically through their website. 

Our first order consisted of 1/2 gallon of whole milk, 2 pounds of strawberries, and a package of everything bagels. It may seem like a simple order but we go through a lot of this stuff and I know that their product are always good (the commissary and walmart have been slacking with their strawberries lately). I plan on adding more items to our list but this has been a great start so far.
If you ever have a chance to try their products, please do!

I cannot recommend them enough. 

15 comments:

  1. sounds like soda, how does the glass really add the flavor? But it does

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It’s amazing how it happens. I attribute it to being much colder.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! You really don't see milk delivery at all anymore, especially in glass bottles! That's also awesome that they have so many other products that y'all love as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got bottled milk in England when we lived off base. Yummy even tho I didn't drink it except in my tea and cooking. Phil liked it too. Amazing how different the taste in glass vs plastic. Sounds like a good dairy. Enjoy and have a mooo-velous day :-} !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing how different the taste is!

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious and I appreciate the website says they treat the cows well (use organic practices). I’m not a fan of some of these dairy farms tactics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They definitely treat their cows wonderfully and that makes it so much better.

      Delete
  5. That's great that the cows are well cared for! And this delivery thing sounds amazing - I definitely miss eating strawberries; they're SOO expensive here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic service! Milk out of a glass bottle tastes so much better. I love local products and I love that they treat the cows well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I would love to get old fashioned milk in glass bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen someone on instagram post about this and it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bread and milk are the staples you always run out of at the worst times, and if it's not so easy for you to nip out and get some more then what better than to have a delivery to your home! Sounds like a great business and I'm glad you get to support them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got to visit their dairy farm! Home milk delivery isn't an option here, but I bet it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a milk delivery here and I am dying to try it. I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)