Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Life Lately

How is it already the middle of October? I feel like everyday is just flying by! 

We have been staying pretty occupied lately and it's been a lot of fun. I will say that this area is a winner when it comes to activities. Here is what we have been up to lately.

*The fire station on post held an open house. We were able to go inside the station, see the firetrucks and equipment plus have some food. It was a beautiful day out and E loved being able to to walk all over the place. She looked so tiny in front of the firetrucks. 
*Kyle had Columbus Day off work (here at CGSC they do not get 4 day weekends like the rest of the military but believe me we will take any day off) so I took him along to SLAM with me. He always says that this is one of the best workouts because it works out EVERYTHING haha. 
 Let me tell you how much it sucks holding your husband up while he does a handstand pushup haha! 
I look forward to many more opportunities of torturing him in class haha.

*I went to a sign making class with some friends last week and it was a blast. I'm not the most creative person so it was nice having everything essentially laid out for us. We just had to do minimal painting so I was happy. I love how the signs turned out.
*We finally decorated for Halloween. I have yet to take a picture with the lights on but we have already had people stop and tell us how much they like it. We didn't even touch half of the lights but this is really the perfect amount.
*Last Saturday night I attended our monthly SLAM Mom's Night Out event. It was a diamond heist mystery dinner that was put together by one of the ladies in our group and it was so much fun! We all got dressed up and enjoyed dinner at a really good Italian restaurant in town. I love this group of ladies, we really have the best time hanging out. It's always fun seeing everyone not in workout clothes haha.
*The weather has been interesting here lately. We have mornings where it is 40 degrees but by the afternoon it's in the 70's. It makes outings very interesting haha. Over the weekend we attended a birthday party at a farm. E was obsessed with this turkey, he gobbled at her a few times and she loved it.
Speaking of animals, E has finally discovered Fishy haha! He is no longer safe. Also, notice how Emma is safely on the couch witnessing the torment.
We also were finally able to explore the National WWI Museum with friends. It was impressive and the grounds are beautiful. Can't beat this view of Kansas City. 
I certainly hope that we get to be here for longer than just a year but if not we will soak up the time we do have.

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

18 comments:

  1. Haha the pushup photo is gold! Looks like you're lucky you didn't get a knee to the face!

    Loving E's adventures with animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having the same weather here in Boston and it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going to see stuff like that on a field trip. We even got the little plastic hat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! She got a plastic hat too! It was so fun.

      Delete
  4. That's awesome that there's so many activities in your area, and that E is loving them all! I'm not a big crafty person either, but I feel like if you go to a class it makes it that much easier! Your sign turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of fun things going on, love the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have definitely found plenty of fun things to do since moving there, I don't blame you for wishing for a longer stay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how active you guys are!! That's so awesome that you quickly found a good group of friends/activities to participate in!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all really take advantage of the area and I love it! Looks like you found a great group of women with your SLAM group. You look fabulous all dolled up. E is adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really are and we love it. Thanks so much, I love my SLAM group.

      Delete
  9. Your dress and shoes are fabulous! I'm so happy that you have found such a great group of ladies while there. My Fort Leavenworth friends are friends for LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!!! I am going to miss this group so much when people start leaving!

      Delete
  10. Wow you are just stepping right into life there! Miss E's ponytail is so cute, I love the pics at the firehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love hearing about what's going on - and let me just say, that dress you're wearing is cute and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys have a HUGE workout group and you do SO many different activities!
    The signs turned out SO pretty! I've been dragging my feet on some that I've started painting and staining in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were at open house of local fire dept too and it was fun to talk with firemen that I know and see Megan help with parking since she's a CERT member. She's a big girl but still small against a fire truck too! E was adorable in all the photos and you look lovely in that dress! Fun time! Our celebration went over well with all who attended. The children were happy to have Legos to play with too! Coming up on Sat. I'm getting a much needed pedicure! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all the fun you guys have been having! And E is really getting around well!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)