Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What's Happening!?

I am halfway through my trip to Florida and I'm having a great time. However, life is still happening and here is what is going on in our neck of the woods:

~We celebrated 1 year at Fort Polk last week! I can't believe it has already been that long. Kyle has already completed 10 training rotations, which has kept him pretty busy. Despite the crazy schedule we are still loving it here.




 ~I have been dealing with a little bit of dizziness lately, but it's only when I lay down. I think I have a mild case of vertigo. My MIL has it and she said it sounds exactly like what happens to her. I am going to get checked out when I get home.

~Marathon training is going well so far! In the midst of this training I am also getting ready for the Pensacola half marathon this weekend. I have been enjoying the back country roads of my sisters neighborhood. However, the hills aren't my favorite. lol.


~ We are patiently waiting for Kyle to be able to make his 3 month follow up appointment. He will go in January to see if this surgery is showing signs of improvement. I am so anxious to see what it shows and to start making plans to move forward with our journey to have a family.


~I am almost finished with our Date Night Jar, I got all the ideas written on the popsicle sticks. Now I just need to make a cute label (please ignore the ugly painters tape for right now). Kyle is just as excited about this as I am. It will be fun to have things already planned out.


~ I registered for my next 4 classes for school and it has me a little overwhelmed but also excited. I am really hoping to have this degree done by early 2017. Fingers crossed that I can make that happen.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

23 comments:

  1. A date jar is such a fun idea!! And good luck with your classes...! You got this, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad had a really bad inner ear infection that caused all sorts of dizziness. Hope you get that checked out and healed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave JJ a year of dates for his birthday last year and it was so fun!! You are rocking this school thing, I am very impressed! When did you say you thought you'd hear where you are moving to next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1 year! Can't believe it's been that long already! Good luck with the half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year at Polk! And cheers to good marathon training so far. I really want to get back into running but the first month is always the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a busy bee! So much going on! I love your positive attitude about Fort Polk. I know it's encouraging to other Army wives who may find themselves there in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you are happy at Polk!! I know that makes it easier to transition. You go girl on the half. I feel like I may want to look into running... I've gained so much weight and really need to get my body in check! You are inspiring me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man that date night thing is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the date night jar and fingers crossed all goes well with the follow up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've been having fun including runs with hills included. Makes ya stronger!! I'm figuring out different restaurants Phil likes and get him gift cards for his Dec birthday. One will be for a date as well. Others he can use when he's working. Read that idea earlier with a different twist. Enjoy your time away. And our weather's gotten cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh so sorry to hear about your dizziness! I hope it gets better. I love your date night jar idea, and happy Polkiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister has vertigo and it is awful! You have to do a post all about your date night jar... I need ideas! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally stole your date night jar idea!! haha Jason and I made goals on Sunday and I was like "We need to make a date night jar!!" :) Thanks for the great idea!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you guys have been at Polk for a year! That is blowing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The date night jar is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the date jar idea. I saw it on Pinterest a while ago and wanted to make it, and then I just never did. Maybe I'll give it a whirl now that you've inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so good, I never blog on vacation! Ha. Loove your date night jar idea...I made one last January and was thinking that I need to make another one for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome date night jar!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy to hear that you're still loving Polk! Now that we have a sitter, I need to make a jar for John and I!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope that dizziness issue gets solved quickly. Good luck with classes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving that date night jar idea!! I may have to try that out sometime. I feel like we're always doing the same things haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woo hoo for registering for your next classes :) Florida has hills?!?! ;) j/k. Sounds like you guys are busy and things are going good! Wow! You've been there a year already? Seems like you just moved there.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)