Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Saturday, I ran my 12th race of the year! It was the Cowboy Gallop 10k in Lake Charles. This was the first race we ran in Louisiana last year and we loved it. However this year I had to run it solo because Kyle was at work.

I knew the minute the gun went off that I wanted to push it as much as I could. I am not a naturally fast runner, it takes me a while to gain momentum and I never really push myself to go faster. This time it felt different and when I crossed the finish line I was shocked to see that I shattered my previous 10k time by 10 minutes. It felt amazing! I am noticing a huge difference in my running since I started marathon training, I am more focused and just feeling strong.


The rest of the day was spent relaxing and spending time with Kyle, I did a little shopping and found these amazing booties for 50% off and I had to have them haha.


Sunday we met up with a good friend of ours that Kyle worked with at Bliss (as well as Bragg years ago). He is here as an augmentee helping with the rotation so we picked him up for dinner and then watched football back at the house. It was nice to reminisce and catch up.

Kyle is off today but I am pretty sure both of us will be spending the day writing papers that are due at the end of the week. :)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. You're so inspirational. All I want to do is run to food. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! 10 minutes!!!!!! I LOVE those booties! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job on your run, lady! You are a beast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ten minutes is sooo much for a PR change!! You go, girl! Good luck with your papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super impressed at your 10k! Amazing! I love the boots. Good buy. Here's to family time (apart from the paper writing part...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second what MilitaryPugWife says... I usually run to food. LOL. Glad you had a good time at the marathon and those booties are super adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 10 minutes...! That's amazing...! Cute booties!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! 10 minutes is like a lifetime in running speak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya! 10 minutes is amazing! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TEN MINUTES!!!! Holy crap!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awesome! 10 minutes! wow! way to go!!! Also I love those booties!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)