Friday, November 13, 2015

A Few Things

It's Friday already!? I feel like this week just started, the days are flying by a lot faster the closer it gets to the holidays. 

Here are a few things happening in my world

*Emma's appt went really well, she has inflammation in her bladder and had we not taken her in it could have turned into a really bad infection. She is on a few different medications so hopefully it clears everything up. :) She goes back on the 24th for a followup.

*I am finishing up week 3 of marathon training and it's going really well. I am feeling strong and that is always my favorite part. 

*I'll be running a 10k tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. This is the first race we ran in Louisiana last year and it was a lot of fun. 

*Kyle's last rotation of the year ends in a few days and I am so excited. It will be nice to finally have some quality time together especially during the holidays. He has been working so hard and definitely deserves a break.

* We will be at my sisters for Thanksgiving and I'm in charge of desserts (shocker I know), and I have apple pie cupcakes and pumpkin pie cupcakes on my menu, I can't wait to share the recipes.

*Oh and probably the biggest piece of news, looks like I will be getting braces after the 1st of the year. I have always been unhappy with my smile, particularly my two front teeth that turn in. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. However, I never thought I would be 30 years old and getting braces haha. 

This gave me a good chuckle.





I hope you all have a good weekend!!! :)

15 comments:

  1. Ooh good luck with your runs! I'm glad you're getting some good solid family time in soon. As for the braces - I've been toying with the idea too, but being a 30 year old in braces has been the main barrier for me so far! Please let me know how you get on to give me confidence to go for it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Emma's well!
    Are you getting Invisalign? I've considered it. Just don't know how I feel about braces at my age...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news of getting braces as an adult is that you tend to have them on for a shorter period of time. I had mine for about 10 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was excited to get braces when I did haha! Sidenote, for some reason your comments don't get sent to my email so I can reply :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Emma is ok! Whew! I've seen a lot of adults lately getting braces. I remember in middle school it seemed like EVERYONE had them, including me (I had mine for almost two years :( ). I'm glad you are able to get them and fix something you would like fixed. I definitely don't miss them :) That will be awesome to be at your sisters for Thanksgiving and for Kyle to finally get a break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Emma is okay!! :) Can't wait to see your cupcake recipes... and good luck at your race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo for feeling strong during training, that is awesome. We are running a military turkey trot tomorrow [I'm only doing the 5K] good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun on the run! I'd pass out.

    Mmm, desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot wait to see the recipe for those apple pie cupcakes! I'm so glad Emma's appt went well, and good luck with the race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the race tomorrow! Sorry about the braces but hopefully they make you happy and I'm glad to hear about Emma doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excited for your recipes!
    Braces aren't all bad and I bet you don't have to wear them for long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off I am glad Emma is doing better. Your desserts are always to delicious so i'm excited for these recipes. Yay for hubby's break from the field!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Emma feels better soon! I also hope your run wen't well.
    Braces are something I have wanted FOREVER. My parents could never afford them growing up so I am HOPING I will be able to get them in the next few years. My smile is one of my biggest insecurities.
    http://truemommytails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did the 10k go...? Ooh braces, I don't envy you, but then again, I did have them twice when I was kid...! Happy to hear Emma is on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for braces, so worth them! Glad emma is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)