Friday, November 6, 2015

Date Ideas

I had a few people ask me if I was going to share some of the date ideas that I put inside our jar. To be honest I hadn't really thought about it but now I figured why not. 

There are 5 different categories and I have ideas that fall under each of them:

1. Home: These dates are just that, ones that can happen at home. Anything from a candlelit dinner to playing video games together. 

2. Restaurants: Of course another one that is self explanatory. Our area and the surrounding areas have really good local restaurants. I wanted to include some that we have not tried before to push us outside of our comfort zone. There is nothing more to me than trying new things with your significant other.

3. Out and About: These dates include everything from hiking to a picnic at a park. I even included things like shopping at the mall or Target. Things that would get us out of the house but didn't necessarily have to spent money one.

4. Under $40: This is one category that has me really excited. I included things like seeing a new movie, miniature golfing, go-karting, visiting a museum, and attending a painting class. There is a Fishy Hatchery in Natchitoches that we have been wanting to go so I put that on there.

5. Over $40: Of course this category was a little easier because most things cost over $40. I included things such as horseback riding, couples massage, sporting event, and 18 holes of golf/driving range.

The ideas don't have to be extravagant and I made sure that I included things that we both like to do. Too often dates can be completely one sided and I don't want to do that to Kyle. If he is going to compromise by going to a painting class with me I want to do the same and go golfing with him. 

I hope this helps you come up with some great date ideas! 

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you can't go wrong with any of those ideas. :) I like the idea of having a date jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I think I'll make this when we move next so we can be intentional about exploring the local area!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea. I've seen these on Pinterest and always thought it would be fun to try one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love that they're color-coded! I didn't think about that, but it's so perfect so you can decide ahead of time the kind of date you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bookmarking this! love them all. so many times we just do the same thing over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! You guys are gamers? We are too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I can't wait to make one for Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do a lot of home dates. We sip on sparking juice and pig out on popcorn while watching TV or movies. It's pretty fun! And cheaper than going out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really good ideas. My mind always goes blank when it's time to pick an activity, so I think this might be just the thing for us. Plus some crafting is involved - win win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas. I love the category breakdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those really are some great date ideas! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome ideas..! It's so easy to keep doing the same things over and over again... Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your categories, I usually only see lists with 2 or 3 (home, out, "free", etc).

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)