Monday, December 3, 2018

Monday Musings!!

Happy December, everyone!!!!

How are we only few weeks away from the end of the year?! My mind is blown.

We had a relatively low key weekend and to be honest that was just what we needed. On Thursday, Kyle had his vasectomy and was limited with what he could for for 72 hours. We had planned to run a 12k together on Saturday but since he couldn't, he stayed home with E so I didn't have to push her. 

The race was pretty great! A 12k is such an odd distance (7.45 miles) and one I have never run for a race. This course was hilly, holy cow. I feel every state we have lived in has inundated us with hills haha. I went across the finish line at 1:04:04 which I was thrilled with.
The medal is adorable!
The rest of the day was spent picking up groceries (I love you grocery pickup!) and hanging out inside because rain decided to make an appearance. Once E went to be I got to work on baking. I do this every year for Kyle and his coworkers. This year I made 4 different types of cookies and I'm so glad to have it all done. These chewy gingerbread cookies are my favorite. 
Sunday was the first day that Kyle felt like venturing out of the house. We made our way to Target and then to Jason's Deli for lunch. 

When we were at Target we decided to buy E a small Christmas tree. We made the decision to not put up our big tree as we are traveling to see my family for Christmas. We don't want to have to deal with putting it all up only to take it down before we leave. Can I just say that there is nothing like seeing the joy on your child's face when she see a Christmas tree! It's priceless.
She absolutely loves it and that makes us so happy. 

We were thrilled when later in the day a good friend of ours and her son came over for a visit. They are stationed at Fort Meade in Maryland but we became the best of friends when we both lived here previously. SO that's over 10 years of friendship. The kiddos played and had the best time.
It was so nice to catch up in person!

Kyle is back to work today, so E and I are back to our normal schedule after having him home for 4 days. 

I hope y'all had a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)