Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Here We Go Again!

Back in November, I decided to throw mine and Kyle's names into the Chicago Marathon lottery. I honestly didn't have high hopes but thought it would be fun to try. As most of you know I ran for a charity this past year which was pretty darn amazing! 

Well, the big day was yesterday! It's a rolling notification system, so emails are going out all day long and it's super stressful waiting haha. I was SO excited when around 9:30am I got the notification that I was selected. Then we were just waiting to find out about Kyle. Unfortunately, he didn't get selected through the lottery (a few other friends of mine didn't either, boo!). I asked him what he wanted to do, either sit this one out or run for charity. He immediately said he wanted to run for charity! 
He is all registered and set up to run as part of the Homes for our Troops team just as I did last year. I am beyond thrilled that we will get to have this experience together next year. I am excited to help him fundraise and to once again raise awareness for such an outstanding organization that has done so much for severely disabled veterans. As a team last year we raised over $65,000! Let's try to beat that this year. If you feel so inclined to donate, here is his link. 


I am excited to share this adventure with him! We have run a marathon together before but this is going to be pretty amazing!

We're coming for your Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)