Monday, December 31, 2018

Christmas 2018

I had grand plans of writing a 2018 recap post but you know what!? I'm not going to. 2018 was a good year to us and we have been extremely blessed, but we are looking forward to what 2019 will bring our family.

Instead, I'm going to recap our pretty amazing trip to Florida for Christmas! We spent 6 days with my family and we had the best time. We arrived at my Dad's house on the 21st and E was so excited to be out of the car haha. My Dad has a little over an acre of land and she is free to roam and explore. 
She was a happy camper with her papa.

We headed over to my sister and brother in law's house on Saturday. E was elated to be able to play with her cousins. Lots of jumping on the trampoline!
Later that afternoon my sister was having an ugly sweater party! It was SO much fun. We got to see their old neighbors and meet their new ones. The kids all played and got to decorate cookies. We ate so much food, consumed adult beverages, and played Cards Against Humanity.
E was a champ!!! She was up until 11:30 (when we finally got back to my Dad's house) and was still a happy camper. Well, as long as she got to play with solo cups haha.
We slept in on Sunday which was nice! Kyle and I were able to get a workout done before we got started for the day. E was happy just exploring and taking inventory of all the sticks at my Dad's haha.
Later in the day we headed back to my sisters. The girls did some last minute Christmas shopping as did all of the guys. We had pizza and called it an early night and headed back to my Dad's. 

On Christmas Eve we decided to all go out to dinner. My sister picked a restaurant called Maguire's. A delicious Irish Pub in Destin. Holy cow, it did not disappoint (it has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives). We had so much fun and E was content going back and forth between sitting with her Auntie and Uncle. 
Afterwards, we all changed into comfy clothes and headed out to look at Christmas lights. It was so much fun! My sister's neighborhood did not disappoint. We stayed at my sister's house that night so we could all wake up on Christmas morning together. We stayed up watching movies and just having a great time!
Tuesday was the big day!!! We all got up around 8am which was pretty nice. We were shocked that E didn't get up early. 
I honestly didn't take a lot of pictures. It was nice to just be in the moment.
The kids were thrilled with everything they got and spent the day playing together and just having a good time. My sister cooked a delicious dinner and it was just the perfect day. 

The next day was our last day there and my sister had the great idea to go ice skating. I haven't done that in years and it was E's first time. We had such a great time!
We grabbed lunch afterwards and then said goodbye to my sister, brother in law, and the kids since we were leaving bright and early the next day.

It is safe to say that this Christmas was one of the best that we have had in a long time. It was stress free and just so much fun. Being together was the best.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)