Monday, December 17, 2018

A Weekend of Fun!

Happy Monday!!! 

Another weekend is in the books and I feel like we have been doing our best to balance them with fun and also relaxation. 

Friday was Kyle's last day of work until January 2nd! Hooray for block leave! He initially wasn't going to take the full time off but we figured why not. We don't leave for Florida until Friday so we have some time to enjoy at home before traveling. 

Saturday was a busy day but we kicked it off with homemade cinnamon rolls. I mean, you just can't go wrong with that.
We enjoyed a relatively lazy morning. We made a trip to Target to pick up a few things and then it was nap time for E. She has been fighting them lately but we knew she had to take one because she had a big event that afternoon.

A few weeks ago we bought tickets for Disney on Ice! We took her last year but she was too little to really understand it. She was so excited to wear her pretty Belle dress!
We had really great seats! Before it even started, E was just so fascinated by everything.
We were a little nervous about how she would do but she was amazing! She ended up sitting on Kyle's lap for the whole two hours and she never budged haha. At one point she whispered, "this is the best ever day!", at that moment I looked up at Kyle and he was crying. These are the moments that we waited SO long for. The show was amazing! Kyle and I enjoyed it just as much as E did.
 
I have never seen a 2 year old sit still like she did haha. It was amazing. I love sharing experiences like this as a family. 

We headed home and then it was time for me to get ready for my SLAM Moms Night Out. We were all meeting at a restaurant to have a Favorite Things exchange. We all had to bring 4 of our favorite things (all items the same) and when our name was drawn we got to choose an item. We all went home with 4 different new things. We had the best time! We made ornaments, laughed, ate good food, and just enjoyed each others company. I am so thankful for this group of ladies.
The night even ended with burpees in the parking lot haha! SLAM nationwide has a game that involves our SLAM magnets. It it gets flipped you have to do 5 burpees. Well a few of us had flipped magnets, so we all did them together. I don't recommend doing them in a dress haha!
It was a great night!

Sunday was a lot more low key and we loved it. Kyle and I both were able to get solo runs in which was really nice. He is still recovering from surgery and is taking it easy. Low key days like this really are my favorite. 

Kyle gets to come to SLAM with me this week and I'm excited! It's always fun having him there. E has lots of fun activities happening at school to include two days of pajama wearing. 

I hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)