Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Better Together

One of my favorite things about Kyle being off of work is that he gets to come to my workout classes with me. 

Let's be honest, most guys wouldn't want to come to a workout class called Stroller Strong Moms. However, you can ask Kyle and the other husband's that come on occasion, it will kick your butt! Husbands that come to our classes are affectionately known as a SLAD (sweat like a dad). Kyle would come with me when we lived in Kansas and he was hooked. He has a stack of workouts that we have accumulated from SLAM and he uses them as part of his PT before work. 

I'm not going to lie, I was really intimated to work out with him because I thought I would feel inferior (I know how silly that sounds) but it really has been one of the best things. We motivate and push each other to work harder. He jokes any time that he comes to class that the instructors hate him because he ends up so sore afterwards haha. 

Monday, I actually convinced him to try our yoga class! He was the only husband there which I thought was pretty awesome. He was rocking that dancer pose. 
I know that most couples don't enjoy working out together for one reason or another, but I LOVE working out with Kyle now. We do races together and have fun but we don't often stay together. When he comes to SLAM it's awesome being able to push and motivate each other. 
The best part is that Kyle is comfortable enough to go by himself to SLAM. He has gone multiple times without me and no one ever bats an eye at it. It makes me happy that he sees the value in these classes and he admits that they are hardcore. High intensity workouts that include weights, core, cardio, etc are not to be taken lightly haha. We work hard for an hour every day and it's amazing. 

Even if you don't have kids and you have an affiliate close to you, please go! Stroller Strong Moms is inclusive and so darn welcoming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)