Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday Musings

I feel like I can finally breathe now that my house is not full of boxes haha! I have entirely unpacked and set up the house and it feels great. Honestly, I could not have done it without my Dad. He has been such a HUGE help. However, now my garage looks horrendous but that will change on Friday when the boxes are picked up. I do have some pictures that need to be hung up but that's easy.
Of course when it comes to military (well any move really) there is a potential for things to get dinged and damaged. We were extremely lucky and had no major issues except one. A few pieces on our dining room table were broken and it causes a stability issue. We had discussed buying a new table eventually so this just expedited that process. We already settled a claim and got what we asked for so that's a win.

There is a Rooms to Go here in town and I picked out this beauty! I can't wait for it to arrive next week. We also purchased two bar height chairs for our island in the kitchen. 
We also decided to get new couches as well. Our current couch is a sectional and that can prove to be tricky when moving from different houses. I browsed through the store and chose this set.
I am in love with the color! We also got 2 end tables, coffee table, and 2 lamps. We have stuck with brown tones for so long that it will be nice to brighten everything up. Do you buy new stuff when you move? We normally don't but for some reason we felt it very necessary this time around. 

I was able to sneak away on Saturday morning to run my first race here in NC! It was held at the Airborne and Special Operations Museum. It was a great event, despite a few hills and the humidity haha. It felt good to start my racing here and I'm looking forward to many more races! I will also get to check out my new SLAM location this week, yay!
I really feel like we have hit the ground running since we arrived in NC to include scheduling doctor appointments for E. We have to get her a referral to a new cardiologist. Hopefully that process goes smoothly.

 My Dad leaves this week and it will be time to get back into a routine. It will be nice to have normalcy again in preparation of Kyle arriving. I do however foresee a lot of afternoons spent in our new backyard.
I hope you all had a great weekend!! 

20 comments:

  1. Well done on being unpacked! That's so awesome your dad was there to help out! What a rockstar! Ooh, love the new dining set and couch!!

    I can't believe you already ran your first race in NC. Actually, that is not surprising! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to North Carolina! Congrats on your new home. Love that backyard! What time did you race? I was happy to have ours start at 8am because the humidity was tolerable. This morning was nice too (for a run). Hope you enjoy your time here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) It feels so good to be back! My race was at 8am but gosh it was hot haha.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your table - but how awesome that you've already picked a new one! We had a ton of damage with our last PCS from Arizona, which is a big part of why we chose to do a (mostly) full DITY. Buuuuutttt it sounds like your experience was great, as a whole.

    And YAY for your first run back in NC! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks friend! We have been very lucky with moves in the past, very minimal damage.

      Delete
  4. You're seriously Super Woman! I don't know how you already have everything unpacked, even with help from your dad, and still had time to run a 5K too! We tried not to buy things when we moved into our new house a few years ago, but sometimes when furniture doesn't work with the space that you're in you know that it's time for some new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just went into auto pilot and got to work. It's so nice just seeing boxes in the garage and not in the house. :)

      Delete
  5. That new table is lovely! I want a new dining room table (since ours was like $100 from Bookoo and the chairs are worn and don't match the table) but I'm waiting until we move. I won't be sad if it gets broken, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! :) That's how I felt, I wasn't sad that it got broken.

      Delete
  6. Girl, I think it took you less time to unpack your house than it did for me to unpack my bags from my weekend trip, haha! Glad you are unpacked and feeling more settled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I love unpacking and starting over. The process is relaxing.

      Delete
  7. I love the furniture you picked! I have never had to move since I've been married, to the point where now I'm a little scared too! :-/ I'm glad it (mostly) went smoothly and you got to buy a few new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know after you do it so much it becomes easy haha. :)

      Delete
  8. My mother gave us her kitchen table for our house. Daisy's dad used his truck to transport it. We detached the legs and one of them fell out in the road. My mother found it before we did. I thought it was game over, but part of the wood was damaged. It easily glued it back together. Spackled the small gap, and painted over it, as I was planning on painting it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a big amazing backyard!! And I love love love those couches! The color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the furniture you picked out! Happy Settling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that kitchen table! It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you picked out! Such great pieces. I can't wait to see them in the space. That yard is amazing. I would love a space that large.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the table you picked out!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)