Monday, September 25, 2017

Never A Dull Moment!

I feel like I need a day to recover from our weekend! It was so fun! 

We kicked off the weekend on Saturday with a trip to the Louisburg Cider Festival. It's about an hour away but it was really worth it. They had a pumpkin patch, hay ride, corn maze, animals, and fun activities for kids. In the actual festival part you could watch them make fresh apple cider and apple cider donuts. They also had vendors with so many cool things for sale. We of course had to buy some cider, donuts, and make our way through the corn maze. It was so so worth it! 
It was an unusually warm day but that didn't stop us from exploring. E was a trooper and had so much  fun playing in the corn and eating some yummy donuts. 
Afterwards we ran a few errands and had lunch before heading to another farm near our house. We went a bit later in the day so there was no one there. Since it was later we opted to not do the hayride but we did go through the corn maze. It was fun because they had special placards you had to find in order to figure out the code word. It was a cute farm and we have plans to head back again with friends.
Sunday was an early morning for me and Kyle. We were up at 5 to get ready for the Broadway Bridge Half Marathon. Since they didn't allow strollers on the course a good friend of ours was gracious enough to come and hang out with E at the house. We did miss having our little sidekick with us.

The race was held in Kansas City and it is the only race that runs over the Missouri River, which to me is pretty cool. This race was HARD. I'm not going to lie. However, I was more than thrilled with my time and was proud that we conquered so many ridiculous hills haha. It felt like there was a hill after every single turn, the challenge makes it worth it though.

With the completion of this race we also completed the Heartland 30k series. It was such a fun series and I'm so glad we did it.
Of course the fun didn't end there. We purchased tickets to go to the Renaissance Festival with friends later in the day. Now let me say that I'm a total nerd when it comes to this stuff. I performed at a Renaissance Festival when I was in HS. I got to sword fight as Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, told you I'm a nerd.

This festival was AMAZING! Definitely one of the biggest ones I have ever been to. There was so much to do and see. We watched the joust, walked around and enjoyed looking at all the goods that were for sale. We had a great time with our friends.
We were also able to enjoy FaceTime calls with family! I love being able to see E interact with family and see how much she loves them. She has started kissing the phone when you ask her for a kiss and it's the sweetest thing ever. Our sweet nephew has the flu right now so it was good to see his face and make sure he was doing okay.

It was such a fun filled weekend and I'm so glad that Kyle just goes with the flow and is up for whatever crazy idea I have haha. 

Hope you all had a great weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Yay for a fun weekend! Congrats on another half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of that cider fest! I feel like we really don't have that here in Florida, lol. Way to go at the half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like quite a fun weekend. Great job with all the races!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today totally feels like my rest day too! I am DYING for some apple cider doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were surprised how hilly the area surrounding Fort Leavenworth is...not what one thinks of when in Kansas/Missouri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's amazing how young kids are when they understand phones. And cameras too, When one of my nieces was 2 she'd put her hands on her face to ruin a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes!!! E definitely knows when the camera is pointed at her.

      Delete
  7. Y'all seriously got to see and do so much this past weekend! Congrats on completing your 30K Heartland series, and that cider festival sounds like such a blast! I wish that we had festivals like that in Texas, but I think that it's too hot, or I'm just not researching enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the race! And ooh, fresh apple cider and apple cider donuts?? Can I please have you send me some?!?! :D I've always been intrigued by Renaissance Fairs, but I've yet to go... Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I wish there was a festival like that near us. I'm all for apple cider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good and I'm already planning to go back.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE how active you guys are! It's so inspiring. Also, Louisburg Cider Festival sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I wish I could find something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy but wonderful weekend! A hilly course can be so tough! Great time with friends is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That course was so brutal haha.

      Delete
  12. The cider festival sounds fabulous! Apple cider and apple cider donuts! Yum!
    Do you have to be careful about what you eat before a race? I'm curious to how sensitive other people's bodies are to food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard people say Kansas is boring and has nothing but corn but you've found so many fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cider festival sounds like an absolutely ideal way to spend an afternoon! Apple cider donuts... say no more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh I love that you guys packed so much stuff into the weekend! Ours was the total opposite - so lazy and relaxing! This weekend I'm determined to make stuff happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys always have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You guys pack so much into weekends! I love how connected you’ve gotten to your new duty station

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hoping to hit up the ciderfest today!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)