Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Life Lately

I feel like we have had a lot and nothing going on all at the same time! Does anyone ever feel so drained at the end of the day but you can't remember what you did?! Haha that's me.

Here are some things happening in our house lately!

*We have Kyle's yearbook photo for his class on Friday. Yes you read that correctly, a year book photo. The awesome thing is the soldiers have the option to take it with their families if they choose to (and if they have one, there are also those who have taken them with their pets). It will be fun getting a little dressed up to take this photo. I will never turn down a chance for a family photo. I'm just glad that it will be an excuse to get him out of class a little bit early haha. With all of the guest speakers and extra modules lately he has been pretty busy with assignments and reading at home.

*Speaking of Kyle, we picked up his new fancy mess dress yesterday. It came in a month earlier than we expected so that was a nice surprise. Now all we are waiting for is for him to get promoted so he can wear said uniform for special occasions. Fingers crossed that happens before the end of the year (I'm looking at you Army and your low sequence number selection!). 
*E and I are meeting up with a friend on Friday to have her 1 year photos done! My photographer friend is the one who took our family photos and I'm so excited to see how these photos turn out. E absolutely loves her so I know she is bound to get some great shots. I saw some of the setups yesterday and it's going to be good. 

*We have finally made the transition from formula to whole milk in this house! Let me just say YAY!!!!!!!! We slowly made this transition and started before her first birthday and it has been a huge success. She loves milk and that has made things so much easier. SO we will say farewell to this wonderful Baby Brezza haha. I did jokingly ask Kyle if he thought we could turn this into a hot chocolate making machine hahaha! 
*Since I go to my workout class 4-5 times a week my body is usually wrecked by the end of the week so I finally booked a massage with the gift card that Kyle got me! It's going to be glorious and I can't wait. Hopefully, she can work out the kink I've had in my neck for a few days.

*Lastly, there is this little lady! She is growing by leaps and bounds. I love watching her grow and develop. She has the best personality and cracks us up on a daily basis. She has a new obsession with the books in her room. We will sit up there during the day and she will "read". She has quite the collection so she is always finding something new. 
*I'm slowly working on the posts for our home tour! Hopefully I will have that up before we PCS again haha. Just kidding, you should hopefully see those posts in the coming weeks.

Have a great Wednesday!!!!

21 comments:

  1. So exciting about his new dress uniform! I just found out a week or so ago that Nick made his next rank (04) and I am soo excited for him. He won't put it on for another year, but knowing that he got promoted was a huge relief because in the Navy, if you don't get selected for 04, you usually get kicked out of the Navy before you can retire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, going from formula to whole milk is a total PAY RAISE!!! Yay for E getting so big! She is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha yes! It was a lifesaver during the night.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your massage, that sounds heavenly! I love that he has a yearbook photo, too funny! Can't wait for the house tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes feel the same way, exhausted, but I have no reason why I should feel that way! Y'all have definitely been staying busy, and I can't wait to see how E's 1 year pictures turned out! I'm sure that they'll be precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how big she is getting. Weren't you just pregnant the other day? What happened! E quit growing up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those uniforms are so ridiculously expensive too.

    A massage sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hot chocolate machine is genius! It's so exciting to be able to cut down on the cost of formula! I'm so excited to hear about the yearbook! How fun! We have a single friend in our group, and now that I know dogs are welcome, I'm going to make sure Scout is picture ready when the time comes for us to take these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your video of E standing and walking recently!! SO cute :) That yearbook photo sounds so fun, too - I love that Kyle can do it with his family. I hope you'll share some of E's one year photos with us. The last ones were so cute!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for no more formula! I'm counting down the days for that over here. She is so cute reading her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice!!! That cost is just crazy after a while.

      Delete
  11. Getting dressed up is always fun! Can't wait to see your family picture!
    I hope you enjoy your massage! You deserve it! All of that running is totally worthy of a massage or two or more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. E sure is growing fast, I can see it just in the time that I have been following you. The yearbook photos will be a lot of fun I bet they turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, a yearbook photo with pets.... too cute!!!! Will Emma and Fishy make the cut?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so awesome - a family yearbook photo!! Fun, fun! I saw on BoredPanda yesterday how this one HS lets their seniors take their ID photo as whatever character they want to be. Hilarious!

    E is honestly the cutest. Love how she's always smiling!! And her cheeks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That really is some fancy mess dress! You'll have a job to keep up with the glamour! I hope you're really happy with how the photos turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Getting rid of formula is the best! When I get home, I'm going to start the transition. I hope it goes as well for mine as it did for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some people actually do really silly photos for the yearbook. I enjoyed thumbing through last year's year book. Crazy wigs, blow up dinosaurs, it was really neat to see how creative people would get.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)