Friday, September 1, 2017

Happy 1st Birthday, E!

At this exact moment 1 year ago, the greatest gift we have ever received was born. Our precious little girl, Emersyn Kay. We waited 8 longs years to finally have this moment and it was worth the wait. 

It is hard to believe that 1 year has passed since that life changing and amazing moment. She came into the world screaming and we instantly knew that she was going to be strong-willed and one of a kind. 


From day one she has had her daddy wrapped around her little fingers. There is nothing greater than watching your husband become a father.  


For me, in that moment, I knew that I could never love anyone as much as I love her. 


It really is hard to believe that she was ever this tiny. We were terrified new parents (just as I'm sure most are) and we were just amazed that we were responsible for this new life.  


Her personality is something that most people comment on. She has always been such a happy baby, she goes with the flow, and loves everyone that she comes in contact with. 


We have already taken her on so many different adventures and being able to experience all of these things as a family is priceless. 


We look at her everyday and realize just how lucky we are that we were chosen to be her parents. She has enriched our lives in more ways than we could have ever imagined. She has challenged us to be better people and better parents, even when we didn't think we needed to be. She has made us view life in a different way and we truly do not take anything for granted. Even the tough days with her are better than a good day without her. 


 Happy 1st Birthday, precious girl. We love you more than you will ever know. You are a gift and you have taught us so much in this year. Your smile, bright eyes, and laughter are something that we look forward to every single day. You are loved so much by all of your family, even though as you get older you'll think that we all are smothering you. ;) 

Thank you for being you and all we wish for you is to be happy and healthy. <3


You are our miracle and we can't wait to celebrate you this weekend with family and friends.

24 comments:

  1. I remember seeing my newborn niece for the first time. I couldn't believe how tiny she was. By the time I had seen my other nephews (born across the state) they had grown a little.

    Happy birthday to her

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll, and you two are amazing parents! Happy birthday, Emersyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh she is 1 already?!?! HOW!??! Happy Birthday E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to E! If I can't believe that she's already a year old, I have no idea how you're wrapping your head around it! I hope that y'all have the best time celebrating her this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is definitely a beautiful and happy little girl, you two were blessed with the miracle of this child and you three make the perfect family.

    Happy Birthday Emersyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1st birthday to Emersyn! So thankful you and Kyle have her in your lives. May God continue to bless your family. Thanks for sharing your journey!! Have a great weekend! :-}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw happy birthday to Miss E! She is just too cute and this is such a great tribute to her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, E!! I am so happy for your beautiful family of 3, and that last photo is so sweet - I love her bright eyes!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness she's ONE!! She's truly a blessing. Happy birthday Emersyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, E! I remember when she was born! I can't believe I've been following along for so long. The joy that E brings you and the love that you have for her truly makes me tear up whenever you talk about her! I love that you bring her on all of your adventures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A whole year, wow! Those pigtails are the cutest. She looks like a little go-getter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your birthday girl! And happy day to YOU! The first birthday is a big milestone for mamas and daddies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's crazy to think she's 1 already! All you guys have been through to get her here and she is just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday E! I love seeing her grow and I'm so glad you guys completed yours family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday, E! You are truly loved by your parents and me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday again E! She is one very lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your sweet girl! She's grown so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to your sweet angel! I hope you guys had the best weekend celebrating together :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is seriously a doll. So happy for you guys. Happy birthday E!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure how I missed this post but it's beautiful! What a beautiful family you have :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)