Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Birthday Weekend Recap

It feels good to be back! I took somewhat of a blogging break while our family was here to celebrate E's birthday and it was really nice! 

It was nice having my family as well as Kyle's parents here to celebrate the big 1 for Ms. E. We had her party on Saturday at a lodge on post and it was perfect. We had the use of the building, which had a full kitchen, playground outside and a huge open room where we had the party set up. We went with a pretty low key theme. The colors were pink, white, and gold. We had mason jars wrapped in tulle on the tables that were filled with the utensils. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures because I just wanted to enjoy the time with family and friends. For food we had homemade pulled pork, pasta salad, baked beans, chips, and of course cake. 

I am so happy with how E's cakes turned out! Karma Cakes in Leavenworth knocked them out of the park. I didn't want anything over the top and they did exactly what I asked for. The sheet cake was half chocolate and half vanilla which was a hit. 

Her little smash cake was adorable! 
She clearly LOVED her cake haha! She had a blast! The party last for about 2 1/2 hours which was perfect. Everyone ate and enjoyed each others company while the kids played outside. 
We were thrilled that dear friends from Fort Polk (they are now in Missouri) drove to celebrate E's birthday with us. It meant a lot to have John and Rachel there. 
We had to take a family photo to commemorate the day.
On Sunday, we decided to spend the day at the Kansas City Zoo. Kyle and I purchased a membership and we were able to get everyone in for free with us. It was a perfect way to spend the day. The kids had a blast seeing all of the animals and it wasn't a terribly hot day. E passed out about 30 minutes before we left, which is a sign of a good day haha. 

Sunday was a more low key day. We started with breakfast at Bob Evans and we did some shopping at the outlets. My in laws left that evening and we enjoyed the rest of the time with my family before they left yesterday. 

I love that E was able to spend so much time with her family and seeing how much they love her and how much she loves them. 

It was a wonderful weekend celebrating this sweet girl and having so much time with family.

I hope you all had a great long weekend!

19 comments:

  1. How is she one already?! Epic cake smash - so cute! The zoo looks fun! My husband and I enjoy zoos and we don't have any kids, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that pic with the cake everywhere is just precious! She looks like she had a great time! Glad you got a weekend full of fun family and friend time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the party - looks super fun! What a special day that must have been for all of you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) It really was a great time!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to E! Looks like a great day with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't recall many babies who don't destroy their first birthday cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun photos of time with family and friends celebrating Emersyn's 1st birthday! Sweet of you to take everyone to the zoo and have more fun! By the way, my co-worker, Fred, used to live in Kansas City and he told me he would ride his bike to see old prison there near where you are based! I worked on Monday but it was good. Got off early so had a good late afternoon, even though there's smoke in the air from forest fires all around here in Oregon! Sigh! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like the whole weekend was a big hit, the birthday cakes came out nice too, these are fantastic memories you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww yay! What a fun birthday for E! Love the pic of cake all over her face!! :D So awesome that you guys had so much family come and celebrate!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like the perfect birthday weekend celebrating little Miss E! Her smash cake was so cute and I love that y'all just kept it low key. It's very easy to go overboard sometimes, but I love that y'all focused on spending time with all of your friends and loved ones that were helping you celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a fun weekend! The cakes are adorable and she looks like she loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you all had a great first birthday for E. It is special that everyone was able to make it out to you. She is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like y'all had a great time!!! She is so adorable with that cake all over her face. I'm interested to see how her personality develops as she grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved her party pics! I can't believe she's 1!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow she is 1!! She is soooo cute, her party looks like it was great :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad her first birthday party was such a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)