Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Keep On Moving

If you have followed my blog for any length of time you know that running and being active is a huge part of our lives. Most of our weekends involve some sort of race and this past weekend was no different. We are currently working towards a goal of completing 100 races. This weekend checked off #89 and #90 (for clarity, Kyle and I will both have run 100 races, some of these have been together and some separately but we will both reach the goal of 100 come November 11th). We both have a really hard time sitting still so being active is the best for us.

On Saturday, Kyle was participating in the Rugged Maniac 5k in Weston, MO. We were able to sleep in a bit as his heat didn't kick off until 11:45. It was being held at a ski resort and it was beautiful! I enjoy obstacle races but I decided to opt out of this one and watch from the sidelines with E. I knew I made the right choice when right after starting the participants went straight uphill haha. 

We got there early enough to where Kyle was able to switch to the 10:45 heat. He said he had a blast, which was evident by the giant smile on his face at the end. I was a little jealous of the water slide at the end but that's okay haha. :) 
Sunday we ran the Plaza 10k in Kansas City. It is the largest 10k in Kansas/Missouri and it did not disappoint. It is also the 1st race of the Heartland 30k series, we have 2 more to go. The course was gorgeous and it was fun running with 2k+ other people. I had no goal in mind but was thrilled when I PR'd this race by 90 seconds. 

I love just going out and running with my two favorite people! 
I always love when being active goes hand in hand with great events. On Monday, with it being September 11th, my workout group Stroller Strong Moms participated in the 9/11 Flag run/walk. It was hosted by Team RWB and it was designed to keep the American Flag moving from sun up to sun down. Every 30 minutes the flag was handed off to a different group and moved for 2 miles. It was an honor to walk/run with this amazing group of ladies/kiddos and keep the flag moving.
Here is to an another awesome day! Make it a good one!

21 comments:

  1. I can't believe how many awesome races are accessible to you guys! Such a family, healthy thing to do together as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's unbelievable that you guys have run that many races! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, you go girl!! That is awesome seriously that you will complete 100 races in November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss obstacle courses, especially inflatables as it's harder to get hurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! He said there were a few inflatable obstacles and he loved it.

      Delete
  5. Such an amazing feeling to complete 100 races! And you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! It's been an awesome adventure!

      Delete
  6. What a great weekend - the September 11th flag event looks so perfect, and I cannot believe you both are so close to 100 races. Emersyn will be there soon, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome that you are running 100 races, and Miss E gets to run in most of them too! I am jealous of the waterslide too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that was a really neat way to commemorate 9/11. We are back to running mode now that the weather is cooperating. The boys are keeping me accountable. We run our 2nd 5K in October. I wonder if I could ever get to 100? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe of you two! I love that you are instilling this activeness in E. I'm not a runner but I love working out and the camaraderie of working out with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That obstacle race looks fun, I keep saying I'd like to do one but my lazy bum hasn't gotten around to doing one...! And yes, exactly what Carolann said!! I can't wait to see what sports/activities E picks up down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these races do look fun. I have not been on your blog in a while. It is nice to see you are still blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading about your races! You two find some really great races to do that seem like so much fun to me. Thank you for the motivation to get off my butt and get out to run once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been really lucky with the amount of races that are in this area! Hopefully San Antonio has some great events!

      Delete
  13. Wow... you have been running alot and little E looks like she's enjoying it too! Soon she'll be up and running....haha! right beside you. The photos are great and thanks for sharing. Most of the days this week were ok....sad but made it through work even though my good friend died on Monday. She's run the good race and now is resting in peace. Have a good weekend run, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! And a PR of 90 seconds is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how active you guys are and wow what an accomplishment for 100 races!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the 9/11 tribute! What a great weekend for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)