Friday, September 15, 2017

Fall Bucket List

One of the things that had me the most excited about moving to the midwest was finally being able to experience a true fall/winter. I'm a born and raised desert girl who has lived in hot/humid climates for most of my life. While we did have some cold weather it never truly felt like fall. 

I will say that Kansas has an abundance of fall activities that we are so excited to participate in! 

Here are some things that are on our list this year!

1. Applefest in Weston, Missouri!
We have heard amazing things about this festival. It is known as one of the best fall festivals in the Midwest and this will be it's 29th year. They have arts and craft vendors as well as a ton of quintessential fall activities. 

2. Ciderfest at Louisburg Cider Mill
How can you go wrong with a festival dedicated to Cider?! The answer is, you can't! You are able to watch apples be made into cider as well as munch on delicious apple cider donuts. This is another festival that has a ton of arts and crafts vendors as well as live music. There is also a pumpkin patch and corn maze to get lost in. We are so excited to check this off our list. We will visit this Cider Mill at least twice because we are running a 5k here next month.

This event is a staple at Fort Leavenworth. It is hosted by the Friends of the Frontier Army Museum and has always been a huge success. For those who don't know Fort Leavenworth was established in 1827 and is the oldest active military installation West of Washington D.C. as well as the oldest permanent settlement in Kansas. There is an incredible amount of history as well as a lot of rumored hauntings due to the historic nature of the post. We are so excited that we get to go on this tour and learn more about the spooky side of post. 


This one is pretty self explanatory and we are so excited! We love German food and events like this are so much fun. There will be live music, great food, hay rides, and other activities. They are even concluding the event with a memorial lantern launch at dusk to honor fallen soldiers and their families.


I am someone who will never say no to an opportunity to dress up for a race! This 5k takes place at night and as a family we will all be dressing up in our Halloween costumes. I have heard that it is a huge event and that it is one of the most fun to participate in. I can't wait to share our costumes, I think they will definitely top our Ninja Turtle costumes from last year.

This is another fun fall activity that we are excited to take E to. You can never experience too many hay rides, corn mazes, and pumpkin patches. You get to go on a wagon ride into the pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin to take home. 

We are so excited to check these off of our fall bucket list and experience these adventures with E! it's going to be a pretty amazing fall here in Kansas/Missouri!

What are you looking forward to doing this fall?

P.S. Go check out Erica's blog Whimsical September tomorrow as I will be featured for her Saturday Sit-Down series! 

16 comments:

  1. Gaaah! I'm so jealous!! This sounds amazing - who knew Ft. Leavenworth had so much going on?!?! Please send me some fall weather, please!!! And hay rides and cider!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly - I have never heard of any of these! What a fun couple of months you're going to have! This post really encourages me to sit down this weekend and research what our fall is going to look like. I want to soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent bucket list, I love festivals like the first tow, and I would imagine a lot of fun at each one on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun fall festival to do list! We're going to Oktoberfest Sunday a.m. for sausages that Phil enjoys, with a car show, lovely music and vendors galore. Pumpkin drop at Bauman Farms. I've yet to see it. It's getting cooler in the mornings and evenings now and rain next week. We need it badly! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those fall festivals make me want to fly in and join you! I especially love the cider and that huge soft pretzel...major yum! I hope you guys have the best weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for the same exact reason! I just saw an apple festival coming up. Knox also has an Oktoberfest celebration, AND our friends will be throwing their own party in their hometown not too far from us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look like a lot of fun! The fall festivals are my favorite. Can you really go wrong with cider or beer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it's going to be an amazing season for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ready for a season change!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list of events you have for the fall. That haunted tour sounds a bit intense, and I love anything apple-apple cider, apple pie, apple dumplings. Hope you enjoy some fall fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to look up some fun fall activities here in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good bucket list! So far, we're doing a Where's Waldo family run and that's it. I'd like to find something apple themed though because the pumpkin patch last year was lame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sounds like such a fun couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like lots of fun! I'm getting excited about moving to Leavenworth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like going all in for a new season, sounds like you have so much cool stuff lined up. I particularly like the sound of the ghost tour! I love me some history.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)