Thursday, July 6, 2017

Good Times!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! 

Our day was relatively low key which is never a bad thing. We started out with a 5k in a neighboring town and it was a lot of fun. Well as much fun as running in a torrential downpour can be haha. As soon as the cannon went off to mark the start of the race it started raining. It started as a light drizzle and just escalated from there. One upside to running in the rain is that you aren't focused on running you are focused the rain. It made the time go by fast. 



E of course had the best seat in the house and with our trusty stroller cover she was dry as a bone at the end. 


Later in the day we headed over to a neighbors house for a BBQ. One thing about the military life is that you will likely always run into people you knew years ago. These neighbors we have known for 9 years, we were at Bragg and Polk together. It was a fun low-key get together, we ate, chatted and enjoyed the company.

E was very festive for the day! 


We have been doing our best to keep busy during the day. E had a playdate with a few kiddos and then we took her to a Gymboree class yesterday. She really enjoyed both! I look forward to keeping her busy all summer.

We had family photos taken yesterday so I will leave you with this preview.


I can't wait to share the rest!

Happy Thursday!

23 comments:

  1. Get this little girl in baby pageants!! Future Miss America right there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I need to look to see if they have any in this area.

      Delete
  2. OMG That family photo is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family photos!! I can't wait to see the rest. I feel like wherever I go in my military circles, I meet someone who either knows someone I know or who we were stationed with somewhere else. Crazy small military world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning family photo! I'm that you're settling in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your family pics you've been sharing :) And that stroller cover is so key, we love ours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, you guys are the cutest family ever!! And well done on the race in the rain - E is such a champ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rustic bridge railings and green leaves in the background. Im sure the rest of your pictures will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture! I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness your family photos look great! And that's a bummer about the rain, but at least it made everything go by so much quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good time. Your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. run in the rain doesn't make you too hot, right? Glad you made it through it had a fun week! Your family photo is great! Thanks for sharing! I was happy to see my sister yesterday at the coast. So it was great weather too. Closer to see here there than up in WA. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the rain made the time go by fast, and cannot wait to see the rest of your family photos! THat one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see more family photos! (Yes, I'm behind, haha.).

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)