Monday, July 10, 2017

Enjoying The Time

Kyle signed back into work today (but he won't officially start anything until Monday) so we are starting to get back into a routine. It has been great having him home for the last month but I know we are both ready for that routine, we all thrive on it. 

We have done our best to make the most of the time together though.

1. We explored the Omaha Zoo. It was only a 2 1/2 hour drive, but it was so worth it! A lot of the bigger areas were enclosed and it made for a much better experience. 





2. We signed E up for hourly care for a few hours so Kyle and I could run some errands and have a day date. We decided to check our Top Golf in Kansas City. If you have one close and have never gone you must! It was so much fun. We had our own golf bay so we could play for as long as we wanted (you pay by the hour) and you spend the time hitting golf balls at targets. We also had our own server, so we had a few drinks and ate some delicious food. It was so nice to have that time together. 





3. E has been loving her water table. My sister bought it as an early gift for her birthday and it has been a HUGE hit. We spend every night out front so she can play for an hour or so.



4. This past weekend we hosted a BBQ at our house. We brought together new friends (and neighbors) and old friends. It was such a blast! Getting to hang out with friends and enjoy good food and conversation was great. This was the only photo I took haha, the bacon wrapped cream cheese filled jalapeños. Of course it was of food. A blogging friend of mine Erica is even one of our new neighbors!! :) 


5. We are loving these Kansas evenings. We sit out on the porch and just take it all in. 


Everyone is enjoying their new home, including Emma and Fishy.



Have a great Monday!!!


22 comments:

  1. It sounds like you all are making the absolute most of being in Kansas so far! I actually didn't know they have a Top Golf in KC! Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are settling in and enjoying your new neighborhood! Happy to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Casey! It's amazing how a new location just feels right. :)

      Delete
  3. It's good she likes the water. I remember hating a little pool when I was her age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely a happy kid in the water. :)

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about wanting a routine back. I love having things going on after work but I swear that it messes my normal routine at home up! And hooray for enjoying your time in Kansas! Top Golf is a lot of fun and the zoo looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top Golf looks so fun! We don't have one, and I'm terrible at golf, but how fun to have targets to hit and have a server to take your orders! Such a neat date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the water table is a big hit, I'd say she is really having fun with it. The bacon wrapped jalapenos look good, I bet the cookout went over really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how much fun you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend! We really are loving it here.

      Delete
  8. I love how well you guys are adjusting to your new post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are loving Kansas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jalapeno poppers are my favorite app ever and those bacon wrapped ones look extra tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your days are getting routine but enjoying the new area is fun and a date night is great! E is so cute, playing in her little water pool. A cool girl she is! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you guys are enjoying Kansas so far! Top Golf looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are adapting well to your new home! We are getting a top golf soon and I cannot wait! Aw such a cute shot of Miss E enjoying her water table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so impressed with how quickly you've jumped into life at your new duty station! I haven't made it to CYS yet to get the girls signed up, but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great when you can hit the ground running at a new location! Yay for good foos, new friends, and lots to do! Also her little teeth, Love seeing those peek out in her big smile. One of my favorite things seeing on a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're ever stationed at Campbell you need to visit the Nashville Zoo. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE how E smiles in your selfies!!! So fun! :) She seems like the happiest little girl!! I hope we can get E and A together someday soon!

    Also, we have never been to Top Gold, and I was considering trying it out while we're up in KC soon... do you think it'd be fun while pregnant? Or should we wait until a trip next year when I can enjoy a few drinks there too?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been wanting to try Top Golf for forever! I'm planning on getting a group together and going when we're in Oregon. I'm excited!

    And water tables are the best! Glad Little Miss E is enjoying hers.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)