Monday, April 3, 2017

Family Fun

Let me tell you how nice it was to have Kyle finally home on a weekend. Being able to spend time together as a family is amazing. He was supposed to have Friday off but ended up having to jump for work (yes he jumps out of planes and helicopters for a living haha) which was okay because I had planned a fun day for Saturday.

We woke up bright and early on Saturday morning to head up to Alexandria to get to the zoo right after it opened. It's not a huge zoo so it can fill up quickly, we got there about 15 minutes after they opened and we had a blast. E obviously doesn't quite understand things like this but it was so fun showing her all of the animals.

I happened to snap this photo of E with a couple of Cougars haha. It still makes me laugh.


The weather was gorgeous and we had the best time.




Afterwards to headed to grab lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and E made her presence known with lots of squealing and throwing her mum mums on the floor lol.


We ran a few errands before heading home. I was able to knock out my first run in April (my sister and I are doing a 40 mile challenge this month) and relax the rest of the night.

Sunday morning was spent lounging around the house and eating homemade waffles for breakfast.


I went back up to Alex with a friend of mine and thankfully we were able to get back before the weather got really bad. A few tornadoes touched down and caused a lot of damage. We also experienced a lot of flooding and some homes lost power on post. Hopefully we don't have weather like this again for a while. It's really scary.

Kyle has today off and we plan to run a few more errands and hopefully make a trip to our favorite burger place. We are trying to go to all of our favorite places before the big move.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

19 comments:

  1. We had tornado warning 3 weeks in a row here with tornados touching down 30 miles north of us. Definitely scary weather! Glad you guys made it home safe and were able to enjoy the nice weather while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun to go to the zoo! We have a few by us that we wanna go to this year! Tornadoes do not sound like fun! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a zoo in awhile. The closest one is pretty small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the zoo when Riley was about that age - it was so fun! Even if she slept for half of it ;)

    Also I consider myself a part time janitor wherever we go now - Riley loves to just THROW her food everywhere. Fun times!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tornado season is not something I miss!! So unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like y'all had such a blast at the zoo, and that cougar looks like she thinks that E might be a little tasty! All of this weather really is so scary, and I hope that y'all don't have too much left to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh that weather last night was so rough, glad you got back in time, I woke to the tornado warning at 3 am. The zoo looks so fun, glad y'all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you all got to enjoy a much needed weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of E is so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scary weather for sure. Glad you are having fun with Emersyn, even though she won't remember it but you have cute photos! We lived in NM for 10 years and not once did we go to Roswell. Why we didn't go is unknown to us. Guess we didn't think about it til we left. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cougar picture cracks me up. I love the zoo. It's always a good place to stroll around. I'm sorry to hear about your weather. I get a little freaked out when things turn bad. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that pic of E and the cougars! She looks so unimpressed lol. She is seriously the cutest baby though. Glad you guys had a fun family day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, mountain lions are hilarious with kids haha we went to the zoo, and they just stared at my boys the whole time. Also, your little lady is growing up SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great weekend! What a funny little picture of E and the cougars!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the zoo pictures. This makes me want to go to a zoo on my birthday this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you had some fun family time. We love the zoo too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Glad you guys got to head out as a family!! That picture is hilarious! The cougar looks like he/she's thinking of how yummy E looks! And she's like, meh. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  18. The zoo picture with the cougars is funny. Smart thinking to enjoy your favorite places before you have to move on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the zoo pictures! E cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)