Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A Weekend of Fun

We enjoyed another long weekend with Kyle, that is the one perk of his job. They are compensated with days off after a packed rotation training schedule. 

Friday was spent purging his military gear. OH MY GOSH! It's ridiculous how much nonsense they accumulate over the years. These 5 totes were filled with old uniforms and random pieces of gear. The Army came out with new uniforms last year and are in the process of phasing out the ACU pattern, during this purge Kyle got rid of 30 sets of uniforms. Yikes! It was definitely needed.


Saturday morning we were up bright and early to head off to a 5k in Deridder. E was ready to go in her cute Under Armour outfit. Kyle ran ahead of me with her in the stroller, I kept following his bright orange shirt, it gave me motivation. It was a great race, I wasn't feeling the best but still managed a 31 minute 5k.


Once we got home we focused on purging the garage, Kyle made a few trips to the dumpster and it feels good to be junk free. After we were finished we decided to go bowling and miniature golfing. It was such a fun family outing! I wore E while golfing and it was so awkward haha. Any time I bent over she just hung there, it was pretty funny.


Sunday was a recharge and relax day. I worked on our budget and meal plan for the week. These weekends always go by too fast.

Hope you all had a great one!

20 comments:

  1. I love that you bought E an Under Armour outfit. A lot of my favorite workout/hiking clothes are UA and I recently bought a secondhand UA shirt for the baby, too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I have one day off and it seems to drag on, yet a three-day weekend goes by faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've purged quite a fair bit as well... And yet, I still have a lot of things it feels. Sigh. I can't miniature golf at the best of times, not sure how I would fare with a baby on me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to purge constantly! I can't stand clutter and having things that don't get used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 extra uniforms seems so crazy to me! hahaha! I'm glad you were able to declutter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all seriously got so much done this weekend and still managed to have some fun! I really don't know how y'all were able to come back and clean the garage after running a 5K! I would have wanted to sit in front of the tv all afternoon lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ACU's haven't even around that long! I remember when they switched from BDU's to ACU's and we had to go buy all the new ones. I also remember how stupid everyone thought they were. Maybe I'm just old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! They switched from the BDU when kyle was in ROTC in college, he still had some of those in his closet haha.

      Delete
  8. You reminded me that we need to purge Tom's military stuff. He has SO MUCH. There are boxes in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit one thing I'm looking forward to about retirement is not storing uniforms!! It looks like you had a great weekend. It feels like this is the time of year that starts getting busy for military families. I've never really thought about that before but PCS, deployment, training, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You packed a lot into your time together.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)