Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter Weekend 2017

How is the weekend already over?! Kyle had a long weekend so we headed down to Florida on Thursday night to enjoy a fun filled holiday.

Friday, we headed to my nephew's school for his class Easter egg hunt. It was adorable watching his kindergarten class get so excited to hunt for eggs and play.
That night the kids dyed eggs and it was so cute watching E being completely enamored by the dye. What you won't see a photo of is her grabbing one of the cups and getting red dye everywhere haha.  My sister had Kylie and Grayson try the whisk trick to dye the eggs and it was awesome!
Saturday, we loaded everyone up and headed to the beach in Destin! It was the first beach trip of season and it was so much fun. It was a bit windy but that didn't stop the kids from playing like crazy in the water. Of course, they always have Uncle Kyle throw them in the water. It was even more fun because it was E's first experience with the ocean. She was hesitant at first but she loved it. She kept trying to lick the salty air haha.

Afterwards we headed to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and spent the rest of the day hanging out in the backyard enjoying the weather.
Easter morning Lisa, Kyle, and I got up and knocked out a 4.5 mile run before everyone else got up. It was nice to take advantage of the gorgeous weather.

We got back to the house and the egg hunting commenced. We hid plastic and real eggs, it was so fun watching the kids run around the yard searching for eggs. E got the hang of it and was grabbing for eggs, she of course loved being carried around.
That afternoon we had my sister's neighbors over for a BBQ and had a great time! We ended the evening by playing an Oregon Trail card game haha. It was so fun and I ended up dying from a snakebite lol.
I love seeing these 3 together! It makes my heart happy.

We had such an awesome time this weekend. Lots of laughs and good times. You can never go wrong with family, food, and fun!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

18 comments:

  1. What a fun, fun weekend! Oooh, I used to love the Oregon Trail when I was a kid, I didn't realize there was now a card game - want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an incredibly adorable family! What a lovely Easter Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! Oregon Trail was my jam back in the day! The whisk trick that is a great idea! I have to remember that for next year although I have to say #babybigtruck was really good about coloring eggs this year and HATES to get dirty to begin with so she did well with the little wire dippy thing that comes in the kits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the Oregon Trail card game for a wedding gift! I die of dysentery or cholera all the dang time lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad y'all had a wonderful weekend! Family is the best! I know you will miss being so close to everyone when y'all move this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to be so excited when we could play the Oregon Trail computer game in elementary school. Glad you had a fun Easter! I think E is trying to start her own blog in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dying eggs is the best! So jealous of your beach trip! Looks like you guys had an awesome Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such an awesome Easter weekend, and even better that E got to experience the beach for the first time! I'm glad that she ended up liking it after being hesitant at first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! Dye all of over your sweet girl?! I used to love the Oregon Trail computer game when I was young. I didn't even know they had a card game!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutest family ever! Your sister is rockin' her new do :) I figured it was worth mentioning haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I'm reminded of the Oregon Trail game. I remember playing it in Elem school. Strangely fun for some reason.

    Cool easter pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know the whisk trick? I do like Easter festivities too though. :) Glad you had a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a good time with family. Beach time is always fun. We are going next week. Our littlest granddaughter got her 1st beach trip this week. The photos of her are so cute. As are the other 2 grandchildren, her siblings. At one time we had the Oregon Trail game on the computer. My husband died becuz he was fixing the wagon wheel and he got ran over and I was in the drivers seat> oh dear me! Bleah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad your Easter was good!!!!! She's too freaking adorable! Family time is the best, glad you were able to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of this family time makes my heart so happy! I love how involved you and your sister are with each other and your children. It makes me happy because I can relate to it so much. Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What at awesome Easter you guys had! That looks so nice. Your lil fam bam is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great weekend! I love Joes Crab Shack way too much :p

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)