Monday, December 12, 2016

Cajun Country Half Marathon

This weekend we completed the Cajun Country Half Marathon in Lafayette! This is a race that I have been looking forward to all year, it's such a fun race and a beautiful course, which is the reason that I have done it the last 3 years.

Since Lafayette is 2 hours away from home we decided to head down there on Friday instead of getting up at 3am on Saturday morning. We booked a last minute room (it was free thanks to Drury Inn points, woo!), got our neighbor to check in on Emma and Fishy, and off we went.

We were able to pick up our race bibs that night, we checked into the hotel, had dinner at Cracker Barrel, and settled in for the night. This was also E's first time in a hotel and she was a champ! She went down at 7pm, woke up at 11pm to eat and then went back down until we woke her up at 6am. It was awesome.

The race started at 7:30am and it was a chilly 33 degrees. E was all bundled up in her stroller and she slept for the entire race haha. Kyle pushed her stroller and he was a huge motivation to me. We normally don't run together but with having the stroller we opted to stay together and enjoy the experience as a family. I am getting my endurance back which feels amazing and while I am not trying to break records I am trying to be consistent. 

They had to alter the course this year because of some construction so it turned into a modified out and back course which was fine by me. We had the best time, we blared our music, talked to other runners, and enjoyed the scenery. The best part is that at this race last year I was pregnant with E and I had no idea, my what a difference a year makes.


I love the medal, can't go wrong with a bottle opener haha.


We decided to head back before the awards were handed out, but I found out late yesterday that we took 3rd in the stroller division! So we will get one of these adorable trophies.


I am bummed that we won't be here next year to run it. 

It was definitely nice to check half marathon #15 off the list!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

18 comments:

  1. Those trophies are cute!! I haven't been to Lafayette in years but Prejeans is there and it's deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drive right passed Prejeans! Definitely need to eat there sometime.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! That is awesome that you came #3 in the stroller division!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I bet it felt soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing!!! I've yet to do a half with my boys, but I think with Ryan deploying, I'll have no choice this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had the best run this weekend! I'm glad that E did such a good job in the hotel room and on the run too! It really is amazing how much difference a year makes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that last year you were pregnant with E and this year, she was there with you guys!! Well done on taking 3rd! Amazing! I ran/walked 6k last night and I've hung up my desire to do a marathon up on the shelf... haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's fantastic that they have a stroller division! I didn't know that was a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are totally inspiring! I am still down and out about my weekend, but I'm heading out tomorrow for my first run post-marathon and I can't wait to hit the pavement again. I think I'm going to have some new-found appreciation in the new year and hope to conquer a few races. You guys rocked this half!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed. I would NOT want to be out in 33 degrees at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I was second guessing my decision the whole time.

      Delete
  11. Those trophies are adorable! Way to go getting one! Hopefully your next duty station has a good half marathon for you to try. You know, if the major list ever comes out 😝

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome!! You are so inspiring. And what an adorable trophy!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)