Monday, February 9, 2015

Park to Park Half Marathon

Saturday we got up bright and early to head off to Sulphur, Lousiana for our half. It was an hour and a half drive which wasn't too bad but at 5am you would rather be sleeping haha.

The weather was perfect, it was about 50 degrees at the start and ended around 70 degrees. The course literally spanned between two parks and was flat. I have to say the best part of the race were the volunteers riding bicycles and checking on runners in between water points. They had backpacks with water and GU just in case. It was nice to have that extra precaution in case you were struggling in between water points. I was definitely hurting by the end but it was good pain and as usual we had a blast.

The race benefited the local cross country team and being able to help out the kids is a win for me.


This is probably one of my favorite medals we have received! I have never seen a wood carved medal before so it is definitely unique.


We ended the day with dinner at a Japanese Hibachi restaurant and passed out by 9:30pm haha. Overall, I would say half marathon #12 was a success!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

22 comments:

  1. I am seriously impressed! I love that they took extra precautions. I've only done one race (and it was just a 5k) but I was hugely disappointed with the set up, so it really turned me off. This gives me hope that not all races are that terrible! Congratulations girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you are impressive. One of my goals is to run a half marathon but I can barely run four miles right now! Lol congrats on finishing #12!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that they had people giving out water and Gu between stations!!! That's awesome! And that medal is really cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That carved medal is cool! And hurrah for benefits that help the kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The medal is really cool! That's definitely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that wood-carved medal!! What a fun-looking race! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh that medal is SO pretty! And congrats to you....you're such a running inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is definitely an awesome medal. You have such a big collection now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a pretty cool medal.
    I am so glad you do all these marathons.
    Then I can justify that you do enough for the both of us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. #12!!! WOW. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on another well run race! I love how unique the medals are! If we ever end up living out that way, I'll have to do this race just for the medals! What's the next race on your calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice "medal" and creative at that! Glad you had a good run and day. Way to go! We got drenched in a weird storm that came out of nowhere on our way home from dinner...walking!! It was ok cuz my sweetie was holding my hand all the way. He didn't want me to blow away to Kansas! tee hee. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, #12?!?! That's awesome! That medal is really cool too! I always like when they hand out original things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You guys are awesome. 12?!?! Seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That medal is awesome! I'm glad y'all had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That medal is so cool! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a pretty unique medal! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)